Aches and More Aches.....

Misti26

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2002 10:19 pm
At a nursing home in Florida, a group of senior citizens was sitting
around talking about their aches and pains.

"My arms are so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee." said one.

"I know what you mean, my cataracts are so bad I can't even SEE my coffee" replied another.

"I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck", said a third.

"My blood pressure pills make me dizzy" contributed another.

"I guess that's the price we pay for getting old" winced an old man.

Then there was a short moment of silence. "Thank God we can all still DRIVE " said one woman cheerfully!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,328 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2002 10:57 pm
Swell. Just swell.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 04:58 am
Roger- I live in a 55+ development, and the sad thing is, the joke is so TRUE. I have known people who were legally blind who drive here. We had a man in the community who was, I think, 101. He still drove. One day he went into the local strip mall, and crashed into a couple of cars.

In my community, you may drive golf carts on local streets. I heard of a man whose eyesight was terrible, but he still drove a cart. He got around the problem, by driving right along the curb, so he did not have to "see" where he was going! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 11:05 am
My grandma can't move one arm well and she still drives. She takes her good arm off the wheel to change gears etc. If anyone suggests that she give up driving they are in for an earful.
0 Replies

Pharon

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 08:27 pm
My Grandfather once At the ripe old age of 89 tried to push start the car down in the dip on a cold morning.
So you geussed it, he pushed it and it got away from him, but this is the funny part, It run straight down the hill and up the other side of the hill where it eventually slowed down, my Grand father by then had caught up eith the car and jump in.
while the car was now rolling backwards he managed to start the car in reverse and go of to work.

He can barely walk and yet he managed to catch the car, and when questioned about the running he merely said : "Well I wasn't Thinking about it.

Laughing
0 Replies