My boyfriend's ex is a client of his, should i be worried?

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:23 pm
Been with my boyfriend for about a year. He is a hair stylist. He and his ex broke up about 4 years ago. My boyfriend says that his ex is a client of his. He went into detail: he goes to the ex's home and waxes his back there, sometimes at 10 pm. I told him it makes me uncomfortable and that i actually hate the thought. I'm trying to be cool; i trust him but when i think about it my jealously shows. He doesn't make these special house calls for anyone else. Should I be jealous? Or worried? Like i said, I trust him but these house calls make me worried.
Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,119 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:48 pm
@TXclueless,
For a personal service like you describe, I would at least be concerned.
TXclueless

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:53 pm
@roger,
He says he just does it for the money - $60 a wax.
But i'd rather just give him the money and have him stop with the ex. I wouldn't mind all this going on at his salon so i guess i just hate that he goes to his house.
roger

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:59 pm
@TXclueless,
I agree. A hair stylist is by its nature a personal service, but in the home is a bit beyond that. Anyway, this sounds like an unusual direction, unless the client has a very hirsute back.
TXclueless

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2017 07:03 pm
@roger,
Thanks, first time using this site and it helps talking about it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2017 07:51 pm
Yeah, the personal waxing sounds, I dunno, like a boundary being crossed a bit. Salons have private rooms for shy clients and I assume your boyfriend's salon does. After all, if someone wants their privates waxed, they are not going to want to be right by the front window. Hence there is a solution for the client to get what he needs. This may have been an arrangement which arose when they were dating, but it does not have to continue this way forever.
TXclueless

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2017 01:22 pm
@jespah,
That's a solid idea. I never considered that. I can tell my boyfriend that'd it make me feel better if he keeps his business in the salon.
Thanks Smile
0 Replies