does shy guy like me

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 08:29 am
i met this guy in college and were both close in age and shy. he approach me first and went out of his way for me to notice him. he has ask me questions like do i have a bf or married. what my plans are after college, he has confidence sometimes when were alone other times i have made him nervous by stuttering when i smile really big sometimes and this guy is comfortable with his friends or other girls he knows but as soon sees me around them this guy gets really shy and nervous. i do catch him starring at me and he does smile and wink at me with his face all lit up when he doesn't act nervous. the problem is we only see each other in passing at school going from one clas to another and were both in a hurry to go to class so we really do not get to say too much except hello or how are ya. i 'm thinking of giving him a card to show an interest in him and even maybe asking him to go hang out sometime even though, were both busy with school/ work and we do not have much time to talk. my fear is he will reject me or scare him away cause he is shy do you think by giving him a card that it will scare him or he will even reject me by asking him out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,673 • Replies: 20
No top replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 08:31 am
I think he likes you... ask him out.
0 Replies

prsawyer

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 05:47 pm
re: does he like me
thank you, when i see him i'm going to give him a card since we do not see each other much.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 06:30 pm
You cannot be serious. Men don't ask girls if they have boyfriends unless they're interested... period. If you like the guy, just ask him when he's going to let you make him dinner. I'll give you 10 to 1 he says "anytime".
0 Replies

prsawyer

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 05:50 pm
i'm sorry but i am serious cause this guy means a lot to me and he's my friend and we both have a understanding that are education is important to us. i will give him the card seeing i do not get to talk to him much that were in a hurry to get to our next class. i know he will probably enjoy it and it's merely out of friendship and not trying to come on too aggressive even though i like him more than a friend.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 05:54 pm
Darlin, I remember college. As long as he likes you, and he OBVIOUSLY does... it's nearly impossible to come on too strong. Just don't sleep with him instantly if you're looking for something serious. You have nothing to worry about.
0 Replies

prsawyer

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 05:58 pm
thank you very much, yeah a lot of girls on campus do the sleeping part but i like this guys heart his personality far much important than sleeping or thinking he's hot i like a guys character even though looks are good but are not the most important thing to me. so thank you very much.
0 Replies

prsawyer

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 09:20 pm
there is a rumor that this guy might be married , he does not wear a ring and i know that does not mean anything but i will see him on campus on monday and ask him. but the way this guy has shown signs of liking me . being in a public place where people has saw him flirt with me and even this one time i touched his arm while we were talking and he moved in closer instead of pulling away and even one day in the library and people were in their i lturned around and looked up and this guy stared at me by smiling and winking with his face all lit up. so why would somone who is married approach someone first and go out of their way for you to notice them. ask all these personal questions about another persons life if their married or have a bf more than once. cause he never push himself on me or made sexual comments the only cute thing he said was he knew i went to the chroipractor that he would adjust my back and ther was a crowd of people around when he said this. and even when i would eat in the cafateria this guy would just stare at me. if he is maybe he going through a seperation or divorce. cause one of my friends went thru a seperation which led to a divorce and shown sign they liked someone.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 09:43 pm
Ask him out right if he is married. You would be suprised how many people act single when they are not.
If he is seperated, divorce pending, I still wouldn't go near him, to much unresolved baggage.

Your not going to sleep with him right away? GOOD GIRL!!!!! Holding off until you have established your relationship is SO important, it shows fortitude and strength of character just to name a couple.

Just for the record, every man I have dated long term that I didn't sleep with have proposed to me. Coincidence? I don't think so.
0 Replies

prsawyer

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 09:54 pm
does shy guy like me
but this guy keeps approaching me what am i suppose to do ignore him, if he is married why would he led me on in a public place at school where his friends like from work can see and goes to same school would see this going on and what is his intentions towards me.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 04:54 am
Re: does shy guy like me
prsawyer wrote:
but this guy keeps approaching me what am i suppose to do ignore him, if he is married why would he led me on in a public place at school where his friends like from work can see and goes to same school would see this going on and what is his intentions towards me.

We wouldn't know sweetheart... You'd have to ask him. Just do it.
I like that card idea... It would be discreet and much less awkward, in case he's married and has no romantic intentions. But hopefully he does. Smile

It does seem that this guy likes you though.. But be careful.. a stare, a wink and a smile are no way to tell for sure... I fell for this one once.. I was soooo wrong.. lol
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 08:03 am
prsawyer wrote:

Walk up to him and introduce yourself. The only way you are going to know if he is married is to ask HIM, forget what others say go straight to the source.
If he is married do you want to waste another minute of thought processs on him?
If you want the suspense to end and get the ball rollling hand him a note with your # on it and the best time to call.
0 Replies

prsawyer

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 06:00 am
re:college guy
no i found out he's really married Sad which i think is sick to lead a person on like that not acted or even telling someone your married. i can not understand why someone would do this i hope his next victim is a stalker.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 09:39 am
He's either a flirt or a cheater, prsawyer. Lots of both out there, y'know. Run away......
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 12:07 pm
Re: re:college guy
prsawyer wrote:
no i found out he's really married Sad which i think is sick to lead a person on like that not acted or even telling someone your married. i can not understand why someone would do this i hope his next victim is a stalker.

Sorry to hear that, but aren't you glad you know, no more wasted thoughts on him, you get to move on.

Chin up dear, your young and there will be so many more, the memory of this guy will slowly fade and new people will be put in your life.
0 Replies

J Dizzle

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 03:40 am
prsawyer wrote:
i met this guy in college and were both close in age and shy. he approach me first and went out of his way for me to notice him. he has ask me questions like do i have a bf or married. what my plans are after college, he has confidence sometimes when were alone other times i have made him nervous by stuttering when i smile really big sometimes and this guy is comfortable with his friends or other girls he knows but as soon sees me around them this guy gets really shy and nervous. i do catch him starring at me and he does smile and wink at me with his face all lit up when he doesn't act nervous. the problem is we only see each other in passing at school going from one clas to another and were both in a hurry to go to class so we really do not get to say too much except hello or how are ya. i 'm thinking of giving him a card to show an interest in him and even maybe asking him to go hang out sometime even though, were both busy with school/ work and we do not have much time to talk. my fear is he will reject me or scare him away cause he is shy do you think by giving him a card that it will scare him or he will even reject me by asking him out.

The situation you have described is exactly like what I'm going through right now with this girl who is the most beautiful girl i have ever met. I can't stop thinking about her. I am just like this guy, minus being married and being not cool. You found out he's married. At least you know now.
0 Replies

prsawyer

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 06:09 am
re:does he like me
i have not talk to him and when i do see him this guy looks very afraid of me like he is embarrassed. which at times at school he looked unhappy when he was alone now he just stares at me and looks very sad he did acted like wanted to say something but just could not get the words out cause i would ask him and it look like he was about to cry.i do not think he meant to hurt me cause this guy was very kind and sweet to me but yet he did forget to tell me he was married which to me it says that he must be unhappy at home cause if your happy then you would not be flirting and showing interest or thinking about a another girl and going out of your way for her to notice you. but he did not try to force me into sleeping with him he just tried to get to know me. he did ask questions to see if i was married , bf and especially what my future plans were after college.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 08:02 am
paulaj wrote:

Just for the record, every man I have dated long term that I didn't sleep with have proposed to me. Coincidence? I don't think so.

This makes me laugh.

You've dated guys "long term," and didn't sleep with them? These guys proposed, and didn't sleep with you?

You have to explain.

Oh, and not to get off-topic. Sucks about that guy, since you went out of your way to get him a card. On a positive note, you're at the mecca of young single people: college. You should be able to meet someone else in about 4 seconds.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 08:23 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
paulaj wrote:

This makes me laugh.

You've dated guys "long term," and didn't sleep with them? These guys proposed, and didn't sleep with you?

You have to explain.

Here is the scoop. The guy's I am talking about that I dated longer than a year, I did not have intercourse with but we did "other" thing's. It isn't like we weren't intimate (quite the contrary).
Does that explain it well enough? Or do you need more info?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 08:40 am
Paula, I'm not quite following...

diagrams, please.
0 Replies