Digestive Disorders

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 11:19 pm
Does anyone out there have experience with chrone's disease/ ulcerative colitis?

I have some kind of digestive disorder, but they can't diagnose it for sure until I get (gulp) probed and barriumed. Even after that, the results aren't definate.

Over the past couple weeks, my stomach has taken a turn for the worse and my fever has returned. I've been feeling very weak and cranky and can't seem to digest anything. Even though there's no blood (only happened once or twice in small amounts) I feel like maybe the increase in intolerance/discomfort could be chrones? Apparently skin conditions and low fevers and allergies and a high white blood cell count are symptoms of it (check, check, check...)

Does anyone have experience with Chrones/IBD/IBS/ulcerative colitis? Any horror/success stories?

I'm trying to convince myself to go to the aliens (proctologists... clever disguise, probing people all day..) And get this sorted out. Couldn't they figure out a way to make the process a LITTLE more pleasant?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 806 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:48 am
Portal Star- Bite the bullet. The only sure way that the doctors are going to know what is going on inside you is if they take a look. I have had a number of colonoscopies (there is colon cancer in my family). It is not loads of fun, but it IS doable.

It looks like you have some debilitating symptoms, and the docs need to get to the bottom of it, so that they can suggest a fix. Don't wait. Get going, and let us know how everything works out. Good luck!

These look like pretty good informational sites:

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/crohns/

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/colitis/
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:24 am
You have my every sympathy.

I thought I had IBS, may have but Im definately lactose intolerant.
I can have small amounts of chocolate but it doesnt really do me any favours so I shouldnt really have it but I cant live without every dairy product...oh pizza....oh cheesecake.

I feel awful after I eat as well, serious stomach churning.

I hope you find what it is thats ailing you and you get it sorted
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:26 am
It is God punishing you for your mean spirited remarks about my wardrobe....please say 10 Hail Marys, 5 Our Fathers...and listen to the entire recorded works of Poison.

You will then feel better. :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:45 am
If you have a choice, skip the barium and go direct to the colonoscopy. I've had the former and will choose the latter next time
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:40 pm
My new doc doesn't want to probe me.

I'm okay with that.

I'm on a soluble and non-soluble fiber-intensive diet. 2 cups of fruits and 5 cups of non-starchy vegetables every day.

It seems to be working pretty well, although it's hard to keep up.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:43 pm
roger wrote:
If you have a choice, skip the barium and go direct to the colonoscopy. I've had the former and will choose the latter next time

barium is NOT nice. ick.

I think they can drug you up for the roto rooter.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 04:54 pm
I had a case of ulcerative colitis in 1986 that very nearly killed me. I almost bled to death. They gave me the old colonoscopy and my daughter said every person in the waiting room could hear me cursing at the top of my lungs like I was sitting next to them. She said she was deathly afraid someone would know she was my daughter. Laughing
0 Replies