I think this guy i met is a dud

diana78

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:30 am
i had said here earlier this week i met a guy at a bar last saturday, he seemed really nice and he seemed intersted-he got my number and actually called me the next day. Then he called me tuesday and we went out on thursday. I noticed that each time he called he said he didnt know what he was doing and would i maybe like to hang out, etc. So when we went out thrusday...my car got towed. Long story but he drove me all over the place trying to find out where it was.

I called him friday night to thank him. He asked what i was doing tomorrow (satruday) and i said i wasnt sure yet. He said he wasnt sure either and that he would give me call. I kind of wish we had just made plans and i dont quite get his indecisiveness. i mean he keeps calling me, but then he seems to be unavaible-why call? why cant he just wait until he KNOWS what he is doing, then make plans with me?? so he calls saturday at 5 and leaves me a voicemail saying he doesnt know what he's doing later on tonight, but did i want to get a bite to eat, then i couldnt hear all the message. I called him back and he said he may have plans later but would i like to go out. I was a bit turned off by this. I know it would only be our second date, but it's saturday night. I'd rather he just dedicate the whole night to me otherwise we could just do dinner during the week.

I asked, well would you just want to get togther another night since you have plans already? He was like, well i'm not going out until much later. THen he was like, i dont want to put any pressure on you. I was like, no no that's ok, sure i'll go out. So he said he'd pick me up at 6:30. He calls back at 5:30 (20 minutes after we made plans) to cancel. He's like, would you mind if i just cancelled tonight, my friend just called me and his car broke down and he needs someone to pick him up. I was like, uh yeah sure no problem at all. He says, i'm really sorry and i said, dont worry about it. He didnt even reschedule, he just said, well i''ll talk to you soon (he always seems to say I'll talk to you soon when he hangs up).

I didnt know how to feel. I mean he had called me to make plans then cancelled them 20 min later...it wasnt like i called him to make plans. I dont know whether to believe the broken down car or if he felt i didnt want to go out because i had said how about another night? I am just frustrated with him not being able to make set plans until right before hand. I jsut kind of blew it off and went out with my friends.

At 11:45pm i looked at my phone and saw that he had called at 11:30...but didnt leave a message. I dont get him, but i'm kinda feeling like i'm no longer even interested! What do you think his deal is? booty call? I have given him no reason to think that we're sleeping together...he truly doesnt strike me as a jerk, he did just get out of a relationship (she is in another state though so she's not around) but i dont get the 11:30 call after he'd cancelled plans with me for the evening...any thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 802 • Replies: 7
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:41 am
I think you are over-analyzing.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:42 am
He's just not that into you.

You should read that book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/068987474X/qid=1098114136/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/102-9841879-3352162

He's a dud.

Move on.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:58 am
Why do you care so much? Go date other guys. On one hand, I was thinking maybe he was purposely leaving you hanging a little bit (one of my methods, can work wonders), but on the other hand, calling a girl on saturday for plans that night is pretty weak.

Game match. Move on.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 10:05 am
I would have to agree with cav on this one. One date does not a relationship make. Whatever happened to being just friends first without all the expectations? You are barely in the just getting to know each other phase of a friendship.

As women do most certainly DO have a tendency to over-analyze many things, mostly men oriented. When we meet someone new, we should realize that they do have lives and friends and plans outside of US and most men that I have known won't be giving all of that up in a heartbeat until they have had some time themselves to see if the new person they are getting to know as a friend is someone they enjoy enough to get to know even better.

Take a chill pill, release the pressure from that pressure cooker just a bit and relax. So far he seems to enjoy what time he does spend with you, but he is probably also being very cautious having just come out of another relationship. There shouldn't be any hurry for either of you.

Just my 2 cents....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 11:58 am
Re: I think this guy i met is a dud
diana78 wrote:

I called him friday night to thank him. He asked what i was doing tomorrow (satruday) and i said i wasnt sure yet. He said he wasnt sure either and that he would give me call. I kind of wish we had just made plans and i dont quite get his indecisiveness.

You are the person who spoke indecisively first; that quote could be taken as if you were waiting to see if someone else would be calling you.
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 11:52 am
re
well he called me last night at 7...i havent called back yet, dont know if i'm going to
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 11:51 pm
Well sister....*sigh*...if you want to be friends with this guy, then call him back. If you are looking for a committed relationship after one date and two weeks, I'd say don't bother.
0 Replies