No Flu Shot For You!! Healthcare Ruined By Lawyers.

Lash

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 03:49 pm
Republicans have long said the plight of America's healthcare rests largely at the feet of our litigious society--and THAT rests largely at the feet of the Lawyers' Lobby.

I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that lawsuits haven't put us in this current mess with the flu vaccine.

Pretty much proves the GOP position on lawsuits and their affect on our healthcare situation.

I'll bring ammo. Would enjoy a debate.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,143 • Replies: 104
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 04:05 pm
If you are ever the victim of an accident , or medical malpractice, or one of your children is maimed for life because of someone elses' negligence.....I do hope you'll consider hiring a plumber to represent you in court.......
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 04:06 pm
I won't ask for $50 million for anything.

Reasonable caps is all I ask.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 04:16 pm
Lash wrote:
I won't ask for $50 million for anything.

Reasonable caps is all I ask.

then why didn't you say that instead of making a partisan post that lays the blame for flu vaccine on trial lawyers, and democrats and John Edwards which is what you do by saying the repubs are right and have been all along?

Who ya foolin' honey?

And don't tell me that if you ever had to go through the heartbreak of watching one of your children killed or maimed for life through someones' negligence that you wouldn't want a lawyer that would bleed the perpetrator dry, because I don't think anyone is buying that......
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 04:22 pm
med malpractice settlements are a small part of health costs. incompetent doctors are all over in trhe states and there are damn few ways to discipline them.
drug companies stocks were among the few that were growing in the bush error.(along with weapons mfrs)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 04:25 pm
They should buy it. My brother underwent a tonsillectomy as a child--he aspirated during the surgery and was permanently brain damaged. My parents could have ruined several lives and practically closed down the hospital. One ruined life was enough. Getting rich off his situation would had been dishonorable.

Some people don't go running for money when tragedies occur. I'm one of them. When negligence occurs, you can sue to rectify the procedures that caused the negligence, you can be paid for the cost of repairing the damage, if it can be repaired. Grabbing for astronomical sums of cash in situations like this is horrible. It smacks of profitting on your loved one's tragedy.

You can be sure I would have no part of it.

I made no mention of John Edwards or Democrats, and had neither in mind when I wrote the post.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 04:29 pm
genuinely sorry for your brother.

which lawyers did you have in mind and why did you say your post and the flu vaccine shortage supports the GOP position if you weren't layng the blame on the opposite side of the argument? That influential Green party?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 04:36 pm
Thanks. I hesitated to trot out his story to make a point (I'm sure Craven could swoop in and give some Latin name to that.)--but it served to give personal background on my opinion of big lawsuits.

I meant all lawyers. Felt this way LONG before I ever heard of John Edwards. I know we need lawyers, but their fees and their ability and proclivity to ask for such incredibly high figures really infuriates me.

This back and forth with the GOP and the Dems goes back pretty far--big pharms versus lawyers.

I just happen to believe the lawyers are driving the problem, while it seems most Dems think it is the pharmaceutical/insurance companies. This opinion didn't arrive with this political season.

But, I can see how you thought it might have.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 04:42 pm
Part of the reason we are in the bind we are in now with the Flu shots is because of Clinton allowing outsourcing of the shots to overseas companies. If we had kept it in the US then we wouldn't be having a shortage right now.

I'm not getting a flu shot. The only flu shot I have gotten in the last 10 years was last year while I was in Basic Training. I don't see a need for it and I don't mind getting the flu. Sure it sucks and you have things coming out of both ends, but I get to stay home and watch TV!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 04:51 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Part of the reason we are in the bind we are in now with the Flu shots is because of Clinton allowing outsourcing of the shots to overseas companies. If we had kept it in the US then we wouldn't be having a shortage right now.

I'm not getting a flu shot. The only flu shot I have gotten in the last 10 years was last year while I was in Basic Training. I don't see a need for it and I don't mind getting the flu. Sure it sucks and you have things coming out of both ends, but I get to stay home and watch TV!

Please back that opinion up with facts.....if you can.....
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 05:23 pm
Do you remember the "Clinton Government Vaccine Buying Program"? This was a force on the drug companies to produce Vaccines and take a loss on the price of them. When companies learned of this the govt allowed the outsourcing of the Vaccines to overseas companies. Thus the reason we are now short on Flu shots.

Source
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 05:26 pm
I knew it. Clinton is where all the bad **** started. So was Bush so ineffectual that he doesnt cast a shaadow at all?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 06:30 pm
farmerman wrote:
I knew it. Clinton is where all the bad **** started. So was Bush so ineffectual that he doesnt cast a shaadow at all?
No Bush had his hands tied by Clinton on many things and is trying to clean up his mess. IE terrorism, North Korea and now with Vaccines. If it's true that most of the Vaccines used here in the US are from over seas, it is no wonder my son went deaf after his 9-month Vaccine shots.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 06:42 pm
Baldimo wrote:

Are you saying that US companies are somehow more reliable than English companies? Is this a rerun of "canadian drugs are unsafe"?
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 06:52 pm
Einherjar wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

Are you saying that US companies are somehow more reliable than English companies? Is this a rerun of "canadian drugs are unsafe"?

No, he's saying that there used to be about a dozen, maybe more makers of vaccines in the U.S. but they opted out of that business because they couldn't make the sort of profit they desired. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 06:54 pm
So why not outsource production to a dozen or so manufacturers? Shouldn't be hard to do.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 06:59 pm
princesspupule wrote:
Einherjar wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

No, he's saying that there used to be about a dozen, maybe more makers of vaccines in the U.S. but they opted out of that business because they couldn't make the sort of profit they desired. Rolling Eyes

According to the article, they wern't going to make any money but were going to lose money. What kind of business goes out to lose money? Why are people so against anyone making money in this country?
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 07:11 pm
Baldimo wrote:

According to the article, they wern't going to make any money but were going to lose money. What kind of business goes out to lose money? Why are people so against anyone making money in this country?

Are you reading Rush Limbaugh again, B, or are you quoting an actual news source? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 07:12 pm
Both. At least I didn't use Limbaugh as the source, that would have been like Dookie using some of his sources.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 07:25 pm
So, where's the link to your report?
0 Replies