Do it now.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 07:15 pm
i did it i did it
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 09:33 pm
But I got to keep this thread alive until the last possible person has had ample time to decide. Exclamation :wink: Smile Idea Razz
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 05:59 am
And I ain't happy yet, so I will revive this thread a few more times.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 06:06 am
Are you sure that your clicks will change anything, granted, the polls show that majority of the Americans support their President?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 06:10 am
We can't rest until the last minute to change his course has passed. Conscience is a powerful thing.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 06:14 am
By all means, Mr. Bush clearly understands that he will not get your vote in 2004 even if the war against Iraq does not occur. What should he take your opinion into consideration for?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 07:22 am
He is in office purportedly to serve us all, not just those who agree with him. We have laws, morals, constitution, common decency - plus the possibility of the fickle public changing its mind. Plus, I could not live with myself if I did not do what I could in the name of decency.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 12:01 pm
How do you think I feel Edgar as a member of the Labour party? With Blair committing British troops to an illegal unnecessary and unjust war, which will gain us nothing, and cost us a great deal, which has already split the EU and our leading position within it, will probably split the Labour party and might just get Labour thrown out of office for 18+ years like last time? I supported Blair committing troops to Sierra Leone, Kosovo, Afghanistan, but no one has given me even the smallest reason that stands up to scrutiny as to why it is in Britain's interest to send its young men and women into battle in Iraq.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 12:21 pm
The British people have spoken loud and clear. Too bad Blair has a deaf ear. Ole Bush raises spectors calculated to scare the skivvies off of people to get his way here.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 01:42 pm
I have always supported and voted for Blair. His government has done a lot of good things in this country. It grieves me but I cannot go along with this war. Of course once the fighting starts I will back our troops and our American allies in doing everything they can in defeating the enemy as quickly as possible. But that British troops should be put in this position in the first place, by royal prerogative, without any clear threat to Britain from Iraq, without the backing of the British people, and without a vote in the House of commons, is frankly an outrage. Its a disgrace to the good name and reputation of our military, and Blair will never be forgiven for it. Our troops when they volunteered to fight for this country did so thinking they would be called upon to excercise that service for Britain, not to act as mercenaries for American oil interests and to destroy the enemies of zionism.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 02:15 pm
ed:

Thanks for stressing the cause.

I send a CitizenLetter or two every month, as I have WA LD for my home and business, a WA Visa, etc, etc.

My representative is Sheila Jackson Lee who is steadfastly opposed to the Invasion of Iraq.

Of course, John Cornyn and Kay Hutchinson are not likely to be swayed by an e-mail; still, we must tell them what our opinion is so that they know not all Texans love Bush.

I thought surely bullets and bombs would be flying by now; the Bushites are again attempting to wrangle allies and corral public opinion before they launch.

I still think the attack is just days away.

Bush cannot back down now.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 02:49 pm
There is a huge anti war rally in London on 15th Feb. Will the war have started by then?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 03:32 pm
Steve
The problem with rallies and protest marches is that every follower of lost and misbegotten causes joins in distorting and making a mockery of the theme of the protest.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 03:34 pm
just like the vietnam protests I suppose?
0 Replies

ZedSquared

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 04:31 pm
Thanks for the link
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 05:36 pm
au
Does this mean we should keep quiet instead of protesting? I have noticed that those opposed to protests generally pick what they percieve to be the least laudible among protestors to hold up as typical examples. The wholesome well bred citizen who protests gets painted by the same brush. I hope you would not be that way.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 05:49 pm
edgarblythe

I was commenting on what happens. The general public that hears and reads about the protests also reads about the kooks involved and writes them of with the thought that the crazies are at it again.
The recent protest in Washington had as spokes persons McKinney, Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and Ramsey Clark. These are not very well respected people. The public is more apt to turn them off than to listen.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 05:58 pm
Just as I thought.
0 Replies