drama never ends!

diana78

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 08:40 am
So the guy i've been talking about all week here (Steve) called me last night. He asked if i wanted to go out and i said sure. So we decided to just meet up at a place that is kind of a middle point for both of us. We had dinner, he's really nice, very sweet and he doesnt strike me as the player type at all. He had mentioned on saturday that he is selling his place and said he would tell me another time why. Well he told me last night that it's because the person he owned it with is now his ex and he basically cant afford it on his own. I asked if he and his ex broke up recently and he said yes. They are from NJ and i guess she moved back there 3 weeks ago but they had broken up before that...i guess they were together for 2 years, but he has known her for 10 years. He was like, i hope that doesnt scare you off. I was a little uncomfortable, but just said no. I mean i was with someoen for 4 years, and living with them so i know how it is, but his is very recent. i said to him outright, well you must be on the rebound (: he said he wasnt....sure!

So he mentioned that a firiend of his from NJ might be coming up this weekend but i guess he might not...steve asked if i would maybe like to hang out on saturday. I just said, sure give me a call. THe conversation was good, i felt comfortable with him and not nervous which for me is good.

HERe is the bad part-when he was walking me to my car, my car was not there. It had been towed! it was about quarter to one in the morning, we both had to get up early today, and had no clue where my car was. So we stopped at the nearest police station to ask where it might be and they told us where-it was about 20 minutes away. I was so embaressed and apologized profusely, he kept telling me not to worry about it and that it was ok, he just felt bad for me. I felt like such a flake though. He kept telling me not to worry about it. So i had to pay $140 CASH to gt my car-luckily i had the money. HE waited while i got my car, then i went over to thank him. He asked if i was ok and if i knew where i was going. I said i was fine. He was in his car and he didnt mention anything about calling me or hanging out saturday...I figure i will call him regardless tonight or tomorrow to thank him. He really didnt seem annoyed, but i dont know what he's really thinking. did i blow any chances of a 2nd date?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 584 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 08:45 am
You seriously need to stop thinking so hard.

Are you going to post a thread when you run out of toilet paper, too?

Just take the attitude this guy probably doesn't want anything overly-serious, and you won't set yourself up to get hurt. You shouldn't be so focused on this one guy you've gone out with once....try to date other guys too, for now at least. Doesn't sound like you did anything WRONG.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 08:45 am
You really want a second date with this guy?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 08:53 am
you call this drama? drama is when it gets confusing, and when there are conflicting messages. there's only one message here: you are both interested in each other. and relax, because guys are very patient with that kind of stuff and it is much more likely that he was just happy he had a chance to look chivalrous.
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 09:02 am
re
well i am a bit leery of him just getting out of a relationship, but he is nice and fun to hang out with. If anything i think we could be friends, he's really sweet.
0 Replies