Walking and abdominal muscle stimulus helps

dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 07:41 am
BBC reports:

"Exercise 'aids body image'

Walking can help people feel better, say researcher
Brisk walking and abdominal muscle stimulation can improve fitness and body appearance, according to a Northern Ireland university.
Researchers from the University of Ulster's School of Health Sciences tested a group of 32 sedentary women over an eight-week period.

One group took 30-minute walks five times a week; another group went walking while wearing an electrical muscle stimulation device and a third group continued with their normal lifestyle.

Each of the participants was tested before, during and after the eight-week period.

Their height and body mass was measured, as was their blood pressure, fitness on a treadmill and ability to perform stomach crunches.

The health benefits of brisk walking in reducing cardiovascular risk have been well documented

Dr Marie Murphy

The study found that those who wore the device while walking achieved the greatest decrease in body mass......."

Full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/3744148.stm

Where can I get the device??????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 639 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 11:48 am
I know daily exercise improves my patience as well as my figure.

Still, if there were a gadget....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 12:43 pm
Good posture is important to realize full benefit of walking, by the way. Don't know if it has any effect with the electrical gizzerblinker, however.
0 Replies