IBS and Giardia

bjj

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 11:27 pm
Hello Everyone,
ODes anyone know much info about Iraatable bowel syndrone and giardia my doctor believes that i have giardiha in which i haveebbeen taking anitbitoics but it is not working thinking that it is more likely that i have irratable bowel syndrone,i have ,noisy stomach, stomach cramps.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 644 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 06:15 am
We're not doctors here so we really cannot give medical advice. That having been said, how long have you been taking antibiotics? They can take a few weeks to run their complete course. In the meantime, you have to keep taking them, you can't just stop, even if you feel better. This is because the bugs the antibiotics are supposed to be killing can still lurk for a little while longer, even if you don't feel any symptoms.

Chances are that your doctor tested you for giardia. It's a parasite so you either have it or you don't. I highly doubt you'd be told you have it if you were not tested for it, or if the test was negative.

If you are unhappy with your present doctor, see another one and get a second opinion.
0 Replies

bjj

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 07:48 pm
doctor didnt test me she just assumed i had it form my symtoms
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 09:29 pm
Agreeing in advance with jespah, that is odd. I know of no symptoms or syndrom exclusive to giardia. It's a little flip to suggest a change of doctors over one issue, but are you really comfortable with this one?
0 Replies