Drain the swamp? Trump's big test.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 10:56 am
@giujohn,
You don't understand anything, you're told what to think and you do what you're told. You can fool yourself otherwise, but don't expect anyone else to share your delusions.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 12:14 pm
@giujohn,
The real point has nothing to do with "it was Dumpster's tweet that made them do an about fqce".. The fact tht it even went this far without Dump having apparent input, or else he didnt give a rats ass about it.
Thats the entire issue, this doesnt make the GOP look like a "well oiled machine". It still looks dysfunctionlly joined at the ass among feuding sects.
giujohn

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 12:55 pm
@farmerman,
What you fail to understand is Trump is not a member of the republican establishment. After 1/20 it a whole new ballgame.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 01:28 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Thats the entire issue, this doesnt make the GOP look like a "well oiled machine". It still looks dysfunctionlly joined at the ass among feuding sects.

that's definitely the upside the commentators outside the US are seeing
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 01:48 pm
@ehBeth,
and some of us stateside too. The GOPers are having orgasms about how the sun rises and sets around the Dumpster. He aint even sworn in and theres already a host of **** that hes going to need to get rewired.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 06:03 pm
@izzythepush,
More -

https://www.theguardian.com/books/commentisfree/2017/jan/04/i-do-not-recognise-the-stereotype-of-john-berger-as-a-dour-marxist-his-work-embodied-hope

I haven't read the article yet myself.

Why do I link? some writers are worth reading, even now.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 06:25 pm
@DrewDad,
Only until it comes time to drop taxes on the 1%, than he will become deaf as a stone.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 02:33 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

...Just because you don't understand what's going on doesn't mean others are similarly disadvantaged...

I believe "what's going on" is that the EU might be on the verge of imploding; the UK is doing preventive maintenance by thumbing its nose at a likely increasing power hungry EU; and, the U.S. has learned that the "red states" really reflect the will of those that own and run the U.S.

But, don't let that dissuade you from your eager commentery on the U.S.

I do wonder though if you would have rather been born a Yank?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 02:35 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

What you fail to understand is Trump is not a member of the republican establishment. After 1/20 it a whole new ballgame.

Such simple, yet accurate analysis.
0 Replies