So much for the mere breathalyzer

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 08:02 pm
LifePoint has a device that will be riding shotgun with police officers in their quest to detect drivers under the influence. This device "...consists of a small, transportable instrument, and a fully contained disposable saliva test module (STM), which serves as a sample collection device, test analysis and optical read chamber. The test system is designed to detect up to 10 molecules simultaneously (for panel testing) in a single disposable from one person's saliva sample in under 5 minutes. The instrument automatically generates hardcopy test results and interpretation to provide the necessary documentation of test results." ~
LifePointInc
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,122 • Replies: 7
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 08:18 pm
The only time I drink more than one is when I do not drive. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 08:32 pm
Good for you cic!
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 12:03 pm
Well, what is wrong with efficient system of detecting the drunk drivers? IMHO, they kill more people a year than all the terrorists do...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 12:53 pm
You're right about that, steissd. It makes me absolutely furious that governments do not put significantly more funds available to stop drunk drivers. Drunk drivers kill and injure thousands and thousands of people each year. Worst of all, to my eye, is that they don't even have a 'mission' when they're killing. They're killing just cuz they're stupid.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 12:56 pm
Maybe, if killing of a person by a drunk driver was considered a murder and not a manslaughter (the driver having drunk prior to departure is aware that he was potentially dangerous, despite this he did not avoid driving or drinking), many people would be more cautious in the issue.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 05:06 pm
streissd - I don't think any one here was saying this new tech was a bad idea.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 05:20 pm
The headline could be understood that the new appliance had some excessive features...
0 Replies