Help I can't get the mold out of my car

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 05:44 pm
Post Preview
I apologize ahead of time for the long post but this has been a nightmare.

June 2015, I started a new job. The black mold (so no mold smell) was so established in the building that if you look at the outside of the moldy wall you can see it coming through the bricks. I started having headaches, trouble breathing and trouble keeping food down, if it didn't come out one end it came out the other. I blamed all of this on my celiac disease, lack of sleep and poor eating habits. I also developed a severe and life threatening allergy to citrus. My throat was swollen 24/7, it felt like a noose and I developed an inch wide bright red rash/hive across the front of my throat. At some point in this process 3 separate leaks happened in my building all dumping into my bedroom wall. The symptoms got way worse. I was vomitting multiple times a day and couldn't breathe. I was fighting and fighting with landlords (my former finances parents). They kept saying, there's no smell, there's no mold. We finally got them to open the wall back in October and haven't been there since. I also stopped going inside the building at work. My symptoms were slowly improving.

Three weeks ago I picked up a load from my ex in my new car. The jerk didn't even wash the stuff. My car has been totally infected by mold. I am using mold control (sodium carbonate) which works great but I just can't seem to get all of it. Just don't know how to fix it but it is making me so sick.

Every time I get out of the car I strip I shower and bag up the dirty clothes with mold killer. Despite all this my stuff kept getting reinfected, and I kept getting sicker. I kept saying it loves my hair.......I finally realized it doesn't love my hair it is coming from my hair. Aaaaaaaaa. It it coming out through my hair, nails, tongue, lungs, sweat and yes down there. I constantly react to it. When at home I am wearing gloves and tying a plastic bag on my head in order to limit my exposure. I have put myself on an herbal protocol, it has helped tremendously and reduced the intensity of of what is coming out of me....I will put a reply to this post with the protocol I am following and its side affects.

My problem is every time I get in my car it starts all over PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
How do I get this out of my car?
Andrea

URL: http://able2know.org/post/discuss/mold/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 994 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Hurricanedrea

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 07:04 pm
@Hurricanedrea,
As promised here is my protocol.
That being said I have a DISCLAMER. I am not a medical professional in any way. I hold a degree in natural health but nothing that would legally allow me to prescribe a protocol. I am well read and have been practicing herbology on myself, friends and family for many years. This is what I did for MY body. It is ESSENTIAL that you do your own research and or consult your physician.

First fixing this yourself can be dangerous, if not done properly and carefully you can damage your kidneys or worse. I was overzealous in killing of the fungal infection, I over did the herbs and ended up jaundice, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

1. Activated charcoal. THIS IS A MUST. (I skipped this step the first two days and paid dearly for it). Once I started to kill the mold my kidneys had me doubled over. I killed too much at once and my kidneys couldn't process it. The charcoal binds with the mycotoxins and helps you to eliminate them without using your kidneys. Even if you go the medical route I still recommend charcoal.

2. Oil of Oregano. This stuff is powerfull but great. It will stop a pimple or a cold sore in its tracks. It is antiviral, antibacterial and anti fungal. It is quite expensive but well worth the cost, A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. I do recommend the oil over the pills as it is more versatile, you can even brush your teeth with it.

3. Tea Tree oil. I use this EXTERNALLY. I brush it through my hair multiple times a day to help control what's coming out of my hair and spread it on my armpits and inner thighs. I also use tea tree face wipes to help keep it off my face.

4. Garlic. I take it in tablet form. Garlic is a wonder, antiviral, antibiotic, anti fungal, with limited side affects.

5. Astragalus root. This is traditional Chinese medicine. Again limited side affects. I take it to help support my immune system and to keep from catching a virus on top of all this. I take it whenever I feel like I might be coming down with something or I have been exposed to someone with a cold or the flu, and have for years with great success.

6. Apple cider vinegar. It helps to flush my kidneys and gives me a little relief from the kidney pain (never use a metal spoon to measure, I use the cap and mix a capful at a time with water or juice hold my nose and swallow)

7. ARNICA. This is last on the list but has probably brought me the most physical relief. It is a flower that reduces swelling. I thought my feet had gotten larger as a result of getting older, nope just swelling. Have returned to my normal shoe size. It has brought me a lot of physical relief with my breathing symptoms. Everything I read on line about mold sickness speaks about inflammation. I have been using arnica for decades and don't go anywhere without.

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, BOTH ON THE PRODUCTS THEMSELVES AND ON DOSAGES, DO NOT TRUST LABELS. I HAVE SEEN MANY AN HERBAL SUPPLEMENT WITH DANGEROUS INGREDIENTS AND OR DOSAGES. DO NOT TAKE THIS LIGHTLY AND DO NOT FOLLOW ANY PROTOCOL WITHOUT PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.

I am happy with my results and believe I did the right thing for my body. Like I said have been treating myself herbally for 20+ years. IMHO the prescription antifungals can be almost as damaging to the body as they are to the mold. I chose not to go that route, but please don't take me at my word....if you are suffering from mold sickness I know you are tired and it is hard to be bothered, but please bother, this is important.
Andrea
Hurricanedrea

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2016 05:31 am
@Hurricanedrea,
Update. So it has been a crazy day since my last post. I finally realized that I was reinfecting myself. I walk around with gloves on and plastic bags tied on my feet and head. The weirdest thing happened yesterday at work. All of a sudden the glands in my armpits started to hurt really bad, the, just as quick as it came, the pain was gone. I leaned over to smell my armpits, MOLD. AAAAAA,after a great day with almost no symptoms all of a sudden I'm breathing it back in and getting sick again. I have realized that this process is cyclical. As I expell it I breathe it back in and have to expell it again. Am so sick and nobody believes me, they all think it's in my head. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP.
Hurricanedrea

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 03:03 am
@Hurricanedrea,
Further, update. According to what I read what comes out of me is dead mycotoxins, but it doesn't feel that way. I feel like it grows but apparently what happens is it spreads out. Although I get better every day I can not get control. If I could afford to take a week off from work I would probably get this down but can't. Am headed to the emergency room in the morning,don't know what else to do. Feel like this has affected my rationality and reasoning process and am having neuromuscular symptoms. Am now wearing an N95 mask in car, my car is getting better but I am getting worse because I'm breathing it back in. On New Year's Eve I SHAVED MY HEAD. I used to have hair to my waist. It is coming out of my scalp and was traveling down my hair and I couldn't take it anymore.
Ragman

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 03:16 am
@Hurricanedrea,
Why did you shave your head? Isn't that awfully extreme?
Exactly What was traveling down your hair?

How do you know you're breathing out mycotoxins? I've never heard of a test that indicates such a condition.

You said that you've been treating yourself with herbs for 20 years, correct? For what condition or conditions are you treating? For mold problems? Is every environment you're in have mold?

If you're having mold problems in your environment, I could see that affecting your breathing. I'm unaware of any effects mold could have beyond breathing.

If you're this affected, it sounds like the best thing to do is to move out of the environment either temporarily or permanently . If your czar is the environment then you should have it professionally cleaned and have all traces of mold removed. If that can't be done, sell the car or rent another if you have to.
Ragman

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 03:35 am
@Ragman,
Admittedly, I'm having trouble following these mighty long winded posts. This is awfully complicated. You have celiacs disease also?

But then you have a problem with your job environment, then your home, but next it's your also car. Isn't this unlikely ?

Frankly I must ask an obvious question
: has anyone suggested this issue might be hypochondria?

I have no idea what you should do but if your work environment has mold, it'd seem to me you should change jobs or locations. Same with home and/or car.

The more I've read, the more I think you should see a highly recommended pub
PHysician and/or allergist and possibly also a good psychiatrist.
Hurricanedrea

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 09:47 am
@Ragman,
I have moved, and don't go to that work site anymore. Shaving my head gave me so much relief. As my body expels the mycotoxins I react to them, they get more concentrated in the car as the environment is enclosed.

As to the herbs and what I've been treating for, I wasn't on any type of treatment on the regular just as needed for allergies, colds, etc
0 Replies

Hurricanedrea

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 02:21 pm
@Ragman,
Have to say, resent the term hypochondriac. First of all this is not the first time this has happened to me, had an apartment mold in 2001. I believed people like you back then and was sick for years. I found the cure accidentally when looking to treat my candidiasis. The science is behind the disease. There are only two labs in the country that even test for mold toxicity This is not uncommon. Look it up, try surviving mold.com or toxic-black-mold-syndrome.com , there are many more but that is a good place to start . There are hundreds and hundreds of stories all over the Internet just like mine but most of them worse off than me. I have spoken with a few Drs (and yes dr, Drs, not naturalists, herbalists or yoga instructors) who specialize in mold and have learned that this is wide spread haunting and deadly. It is most common in people of Northern European descent (north of the alps). Also look up the shoemaker protocol. This is no joke and is definitely not in my head.
0 Replies

Hurricanedrea

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 08:19 pm
@Ragman,
Have been very frustrated by your your replies. Find it hard to reply to all of your sanctimonious and unresearched replies in one post. You really need to do some research into toxic mold syndrome before you tell some one they need a psychiatrist. I was looking for an honest educated discussion here not an off the cuff assumption.

I'm glad that you think it's so easy to just get rid of my car. I left my home, l left my job, I left everything I ever owned. Next time at least bother to google it first before you call some one a phsyco case. You are rude and wrong.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 02:56 am
i wish you the best of health and happiness in the coming new year.
Hurricanedrea

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 06:17 am
@Ragman,
Thank you and you also. Namaste
0 Replies

Hurricanedrea

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2017 08:22 pm
@Hurricanedrea,
UPDATE

After a lot of time and a few hundred dollars, shampooing car, spraying car, damp rid etc I failed miserably to get the mold out of my car.

Finally I followed a suggestion from my mold support group and spending only 30 dollars at my local vitamin shop picked up a diffuser and thieves oil.

I am happy to report my car is now mold free and I can ride comfortably with windows rolled up. YAY!
0 Replies