living with inlaws and hate it

deb790

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 08:27 pm
i just got married and moved away from my family and am living with my in-laws. my mother in law is crazy.. very particular about everything and loves to gossip. my sister in law is rude , and does not shut up. I can't stand either of them. moving out is not realistic at the moment. what should I do ? feel like I need my space and if I don't get it I will lose it
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 906 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 09:49 pm
@deb790,
What does your spouse say when you tell them how you feel about the living situation?

__

Separately, living in the same house with them does not have to mean that you participate in each other's lives.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 07:11 am
@deb790,
Probably should have thought about this before getting married. Have you and your husband discussed this at all? What is stopping you from moving out of the in-law's home? Is it money? If so, do you have a plan in place to save the money in order to move out by a certain time frame?

It is my experience that a person can put up with a lot when necessity dictates it. Suck it up and put a plan in place to change the situation. And remember, your in-laws opened up their home for the two of you when they really didn't have to do so. They are having to put up with you also.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 08:59 am
And you can always find ways to not be around for much of the day. Work, school, gym, go to the library, etc. Minimize contact.
0 Replies