Why does he care if he broke up with me but hates that I'm moving on?

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 11:13 pm
Why does he does this?. It’s ok if he moves on and is in a relationship but its not ok for me to do it?. I’m not saying I let him get involved in my life but my question is why does he do this?.

He has been dating a girl for three years they also plan to get married. However when a man tries to enter my life or tries to date me he doesn’t like it and goes and messes it up.

I also went to his engagement party, he is a family friend and all, and while people were saying their congrats to him and kissing him on his cheek when I walked up to the stage he stood up for only me. He didn’t even stand up for his own mother.

If it also helps he has anger issues like very bad anger issues and in the past has hit my ex boyfriend. I was also the first girl he was intimate with.

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 07:57 am
@anonymousFC,
Quote:
I’m not saying I let him get involved in my life
So you say you don't let him get involved with your life? Yet you make this statement.
Quote:
when a man tries to enter my life or tries to date me he doesn’t like it and goes and messes it up.
How does he become aware that a man has entered your life? Do you tell him? Or do mutual friends tell him? If you tell him, then you are indeed letting him get involved. If a mutual friend tells him, then you need to stop telling these mutual friends when you get involved with someone new. (Plus I would contend that if they are running off and telling him, then they are not really "mutual" friends, they are his friends that you mistake for also being yours.)

Quote:
I also went to his engagement party, he is a family friend and all, and while people were saying their congrats to him and kissing him on his cheek when I walked up to the stage he stood up for only me. He didn’t even stand up for his own mother.
If he has been so disruptive to your relationships, why would you even go? And the only reason that you would even notice or care to mention this indicates to me that you still have a thing for him. Otherwise there is no reason to even write this in a post about why he won't let you move on.

Quote:
If it also helps
It doesn't. Other than to make me wonder why the ex boyfriend didn't file an assault charge against him.

Bottom line, he is no longer your boyfriend and is soon to be married. No reason anyone should be informing him when you start seeing someone new. If he does not know, then he cannot mess things up. (You never explained how he "messes it up." I find it strange that rather than explain that, you go on to write about how he stood up only for you at his engagement party.)
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 08:04 am
I’m not saying I let him get involved in my life

Oh, yes you do - and you are involved in HIS life, so you BOTH "mess up each other's lives."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 09:21 am
@anonymousFC,
anonymousFC wrote:

Why does he does this?

it doesn't matter why he does anything.

stay away from him.

there is no need for you to be in his life, and no need for him to know anything about your life

he may be a family friend - but there was no need for you to go to his engagement party

stay away
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 09:22 am
@anonymousFC,
anonymousFC wrote:
in the past has hit my ex boyfriend

hopefully this was reported to the police

0 Replies

loardeva

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 07:07 am
@anonymousFC,
There is no answer of this "why does he does this". And since you don't want to go back to his life there is nothing to say about him. You just stay away from him. And you shouldn't also go to his engagement party. Try to stay away from him always.
0 Replies