Obama steps away from Israel

Foofie

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 04:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

... but the crux of the conflict in Palestine is the Zionists' oppression of the Palestinian peoples. The wars were a reaction to that.

Right. The Arab dictatorships of the time went to war with Israel to help the poor Palestinians. Rolling Eyes

For the '48, '57 wars, there was no occupied west bank with Palestinians. Weren't they Jordanians then?

By the way, how much of pro-palestinian sentiments have some ulterior motive to shrink Israel, perhaps to be a thorn in the side of American Evangelicals? I can think of a number of reasons that Evangelicals are not appreciated by a number of demographics. No?

Reegardless, not all pro-Palestinian sentiments are necessarily due to Israel and the Palestinians. There's also the possibility that any future Palestinian state would vote in the UN according to some political ideology?

It's really a sticky wicket, since Israel seems to be a fly in the ointment for more than just the Palestinian demographic, in my opinion. And, naturally since Jews do not command much respect on the world stage, if they get in the way of political agendas, F*ck them, so to speak. In other words, the truth might be more complex than what it appears on the surface.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 09:04 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
For the '48, '57 wars, there was no occupied west bank with Palestinians. Weren't they Jordanians then?

There was a civil war in Palestine in the months prior to the 1948 War which saw the Zionists perpetrate ethnic cleansing in the areas that came under their control. They initiated Plan Dalet which saw the complete depolulation and destruction of dozens of Palestinian villages and hamlets during those months. That's the reason the surrounding Arab states got involved in the conflict. Towards the end of the 1948 War Operation Hiram was perpetrated by the Zionists to cleanse the Upper Galilee of its Palestinian population.

The 1956 War saw Israel invade Egypt with the collusion of England and France in an attempt to wrest control of the Suez Canal from Egypt. The wars subsequent to the Zionists' incursion into Paestine were a result of the enmity it fomented in the region.

Foofie wrote:
By the way, how much of pro-palestinian sentiments have some ulterior motive to shrink Israel, perhaps to be a thorn in the side of American Evangelicals? I can think of a number of reasons that Evangelicals are not appreciated by a number of demographics. No?

Reegardless, not all pro-Palestinian sentiments are necessarily due to Israel and the Palestinians. There's also the possibility that any future Palestinian state would vote in the UN according to some political ideology?

It's really a sticky wicket, since Israel seems to be a fly in the ointment for more than just the Palestinian demographic, in my opinion. And, naturally since Jews do not command much respect on the world stage, if they get in the way of political agendas, F*ck them, so to speak. In other words, the truth might be more complex than what it appears on the surface.

M'kay.
0 Replies