he called-need advice

diana78

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:29 am
well he called at 10:30 last night-he asked if it was too late for him to be calling i said no. He had been out with friends watching the game. So he asked me if i wanted to get togther tomorrow (tonight) I am having a friend over for dinner-i told him this and then asked, well what about thursday? He said he wasnt sure on thursday yet and the reason he was calling was because he was going to be tied up all weekend...i was like, hmm ok. I told him i could call when my friend left tonight to see what's up and he said, why dont you do that, maybe we can hang out and then i'll know if i'm free for thurs. So i'm kinda bummed because i was hoping to just hang out over the weekend...cant be mad at someone for having a life though. what do you think? I'm glad he called, i figure he wouldnt call if he wasnt interested.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 814 • Replies: 17
No top replies

mac11

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:33 am
Diana, maybe I'm paranoid, but when a guy tells me he's busy all weekend, I immediately assume he's married...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:34 am
...or busy with girls 2 and 3.
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:43 am
ew
i agree, the first thing that went throgh my mind is hmm, what does he have dates lined up already for the other night? I mean i have plans for sat night, but that's it. My friend didnt think it was odd that he had plans for the weekend....she said her man works a lot on weekends so it can be tough. I know he said he travels for work, but i dont know....seems odd that he called to get togher the next night....i will try to ask what he's doing when i talk to him but i dont want to seem nosy
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 11:44 am
re
ok so that's the only consensus? he's either married or dating someone because he has weekend plans?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 11:48 am
First off, don't worry about what his plans are for the weekend...you just met the guy. Second, so what if he's dating someone else? Married is another thing...

Not a big deal, he called you so he's showing some interest, just roll with it.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 11:58 am
No reason to be paranoid yet. Give it a little bit, then get paranoid if clearer signs are there.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 11:58 am
I agree with Slappy, actually. Roll with it. Things aren't serious enough (are they?) for you to worry too much about what he's doing and with whom. (I keep confusing you someone else with similar problems -- this isn't your erstwhile fiance, is it?)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:01 pm
Soz, you always agree with me. Admit it...you are just like me.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:02 pm
Ummm...

I'm not nearly as bald.
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:26 pm
re
i jsut feel like the guys i meet have been so wishy washy. i have been involved with people where i knew they were totally into me from the start-no question in my mind...it hasnt been that way in a while. When a guy tells me he is busy all weekend and can only hang out one week night that kind of tells me he's not that interested
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:37 pm
No it doesn't....it tells you he has a life.

Calm down...you shouldn't be this worked up over getting together with a guy for the first time. He'll call you back, and if you can't get together this week, do it next week. No big deal. Besides, maybe you can meet some other guys this weekend. Juggling can be fun.
0 Replies

Runamuck

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:48 pm
Go out if it sucks dont go out again nuff said..
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 07:08 am
re
I called him last night after my friend left at about 8:30. He said he had just gotten in and had gotten tied up doing somethings (gee he gets tied up often!). He asked how my dinner was, etc. Then he's like, well you said you're available tomorrow right? I said, yeah. He was like, well why dont we just do something tomorrow because i just got in, i havent eaten and it's already 8:30. I said, ok sure. He said, ok well i'll give you a call tomorrow evening then.

Maybe i'm being oversensitive but i felt...blown off. The 3 times ive talked to him on the phone have been really quick. He seemed much friendly when i met him!

I keep thinking that he will not call tonight...
0 Replies

class241

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 08:04 am
wait and see
I dont think he's done anything to show he's not interested. You met him once at a bar, sounds like you had a great time...he's called you twice since then. How does this make it sound like he's not intersted. I agree it does sound like he's busy, but if he comes up with another busy excuse, i would start to think otherwise...I would just say, well it seems like you are pretty unavailable right now, why dont you just give me a call when you have some free time.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 09:26 am
I remember the anxiety you're going thru quite well, Diana. Isn't it cool you can get online and express it like this? When I was dating and tied up in a knot wondering if some guy was going to call me, sometimes I was just too embarrassed to share that with my friends. Again.

Class is right. There's no reason to start thinking negative. Try and be positive. Think good thoughts. Why not?
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 10:33 am
re
i geuss i just felt like there was something in his voice on the phone last night that did not sound intersted. I almost felt like i had bothered him by calling...there's really nothing more i can do than just see if he calls tonight...and if we go out i'll see what he's like then
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 11:23 am
Well what he's doing is obviously working...you're all flustered. I have done that with girls I've dated...not asked them out after the first couple times talking on the phone, keeping it short. Works great.
0 Replies