How does "President Pence" ring in your ears?

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 10:13 am
My personal estimation: It's a 56% probability.

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 10:15 am
@edgarblythe,
And the impeachment charges would be ....?
Lash

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 12:06 pm
@PUNKEY,
I think his financial dealings as related to presidential conflicts of interest will be cited in an impeachment.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 12:10 pm
I don't know, all intelligent predictions have pretty well been blown to smithereens at this point. By right, both of you are right. Although, Pence is pretty intolerant and right wing himself but at least maybe not joined at the hip with all of Trump's ties and interest and not apt to start a twitter war ending with nuclear weapons...
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 12:50 pm

After placing Bill Clinton above the law (and trying to do the same for Hillary), I doubt the Democrats will have the audacity to ask Republicans to help them remove a Republican president. (If the Democrats do have the audacity, I expect the Republicans will give them an appropriately-rude response.)

And that's assuming that there is even something warranting impeachment.

Pence might serve for eight years as president after Mr. Trump's eight years though. The Republicans have the White House for the next 20 years now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 01:15 pm
I should have waited til after Christmas to begin this thread. Oh, well. I will still look in to see what gets posted, but won't be replying just now.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 01:57 pm
Hopefully, eight years of Trump followed by eight years of Pence.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 02:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
It sounds awful; however, it has a mildly better sound than Trump. Trying to stay positive as the new regime moves in.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 07:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
I hope it is just the season...
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 08:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I believe your prediction was for Feb.

Whatever it is let's just say before the end of the year...So will you take the bet or are you just bloviating?

I say you're full of it.

If I win you have to retire you A2K handle. Same for me if you win.
Lash

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 07:04 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

I believe your prediction was for Feb.

Whatever it is let's just say before the end of the year...So will you take the bet or are you just bloviating?

I say you're full of it.

If I win you have to retire you A2K handle. Same for me if you win.

I'll take some of that action.

I believe that his financial debt to China is one reason he ran, and also the reason for his over-the-top rhetoric toward them. I really believe his drive to the presidency was about "deals", and that he will find it impossible to stay on the legal side of this issue.

I think partisans and people who are truly afraid of where he might lead us globally will be poring through his every word and act, and will at least start impeachment proceedings before the end of 2017.

Not the same bet as you offered Edgar, but the one I feel reasonably secure about.

To clarify: many presidents have enriched themselves in office, but they've massed cronies and sycophants on their way up through the ranks. The establishment wing of the Dems practically owns the media, so they can hide their dirt more successfully.

Trump has too many gunning for him to get away with his shenanigans.

Take the bet?
giujohn

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 07:19 am
@Lash,
The bet is for him to step down or be convicted in the Senate...NOT just impeached...Take the bet?
Lash

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 07:24 am
@giujohn,
Those cases drag on. I don't think his impeachment trial will be complete by the end of 2017; however, I will take a bet that he'll ultimately be removed from office by impeachment.

I don't WANT to be right. I fervently hope to be surprised by his statesmanship and diplomacy...😏

This is quite a departure from the bet you offered Edgar, but are we on for this one?
giujohn

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 07:58 am
@Lash,
Well lash I don't necessarily want to see you go but if you insist I'll take the bet.
Frugal1

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 07:59 am
@edgarblythe,
That was good for a laugh, thanks.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 08:01 am
@PUNKEY,
Kicking a black family out of the White House.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 08:39 am
@Lash,
I have been wishing it were not so, but I can't see this working for any of us for a full four years. Still, we are all projecting until he takes office and actually makes choices.
Below viewing threshold (view)
giujohn

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 09:18 am
@edgarblythe,
Need an answer there Edgar...Don't wuss out...Have the courage of your convictions...What will it be? Put up or shut up.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 10:30 am
@giujohn,
I thought it was just moniker retirement?