i lied to my best friend now im in a crisis..need help

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:17 pm
ok.so my best friend talks smack about my other friends lainie jessica and nicole and i told them about it.i thot i cud trust them not to confront my bestfriend muna but they did and now my best friend wants an explanation.do u have any ideas on how to get myself out of this mess??
i lied to muna and told her their lieing.what shud i do??please help!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 721 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:58 pm
Stand TALL
Stand TALL.

If this is the same best friend that you wrote about before, then your best friend is not your best friend.

She not only treats you like pond scum, she talks bad about your other friends.

The LESSON to be learned is don't say anything behind your friend's back that you wouldn't say to her face. Don't allow yourself to be PULLED into catty or petty talk about others. Keep yourself above that kind of thing--refuse to participate.

Tell Muna the truth. Tell her that you initially lost your backbone when she first confronted you, but it's true. Tell Muna that she is always "talking smack" about your other friends--that you don't like it--and that you won't put up with it anymore. Tell Muna if she doesn't want the other girls to know the mean things she is saying about them, not to say those things anymore.

You need to strengthen your backbone, tell the truth to Muna, and then institute a new policy for personal relationships: "Don't say anything behind any of your friends' backs that you wouldn't say to their faces." If you follow that rule, you should be able to prevent future misadventures such as this one.

STAND TALL.
0 Replies