Met a guy on saturday night

diana78

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:29 am
I went out on saturday night with a good friend of mine who has been dating a guy for a year. As soon as we get to the bar she points out a hottie sitting across from us. He's definitely cute and sitting alone. he noticed us as well. a few times we saw him on a cell phone and my friend was like, oh it's probably his girlfriend he's talking to. During this time an obnoxious guy kept talking to us, he was drunk and we couldnt understand him so he was really annoying. He put his arm around me and wouldnt let go so i forcefully took it off and my friend got really mad. according to my friend the cute guy across the bar saw this happen and laughed.
Drunk guy went away and then i got up to go to the bathroom-i had caught the cute guy's eye at one point before this and he smiled. So on my way back from the bathroom i passed him and he smiled and say hi. I stopped and asked him why he was here alone. He said he was supposed to meet friends there, but apparently they ditched him. we talked for a few minutes and i told him he could come sit with us if he wanted. he said he would. I walked back to my friend, told her what happened and then the guy came over. We talked until closing. When i first talked to him i was completely sober...but as the night went on, i got quite tipsy. I knew the bartender from school as well. The guy Steve seems really nice. He seemed interested in me and made a few comments that he doesnt normally meet people in bars and that he felt lucky to have met someone as nice as me (this could have been a line i suppose). He made references to us haning out again. he paid for all of my drinks and then when the bar closed i realized i could not drive my friend and i home.
Steve offered to drive us home but we said no...we took a cab adn i just left my car in the parking lot. I did end up kissing steve goodbye and he took my number.
The next day my friend said, well he's cute but i dont know if he's a keeper. I asked why and she said that when that guy came over and gave me a hard time steve should have come over and said something to the guy. I thought that was ridiculous. He and i hadnt even began to talk, for all he knew i might have known this guy...plus why would he want to run the risk of getting in some bar fight over some girl he has never spoken to. I just cant hold that against him.
The other thign my friend pointed out was that he had bought my drinks, but he had not bought her drinks. She said her boyfriend would have paid for her friends drinks. I"m a little iffy on this one-sure it would have been great if he bought my friends drinks...but again, he didnt know us that well, he was already buying my drinks and i dont have a clue as to what his financial situation. If he had been my boyfriend, i guess i would expect that he bought my friend a drink in the begining...but I thought it was a bit much for my friend to think he should have been buying her drinks as well as mine for the evening. What do you think?

He ended up calling me yesterday afternoon to ask if i got my car. We didnt talk for too long but i thought it was nice that he called to ask that. When he hung up he said he'd call me later and the week and maybe we could hang out. Does this sound good?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 798 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:45 am
I think your friend sucks. Why is she looking for free drinks from a stranger? She went to a bar to drink, she should expect to buy herself drinks.
Second, the guy you met would have been a jackass for getting up and saying something to the guy who had his arm around you....all he did was put his arm around you.

Your friend is acting jealous...typical chick behavior.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:46 am
Your friend is just jealous IMO, and wants to break you two up before you even have a chance to get to know each other. Bottom line: If he's a stand-up guy, a "keeper", he will call you again. If he doesn't, move on, but he called once, and that's a good sign.

Even if he was your boyfriend, BTW, your friend should not assume she is entitled to get free drinks from him. That is just selfish and rude.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:50 am
I agree with Slappy. Why should he have paid for her drinks? I don't expect my husband to pay for my friends' drinks.

As to your question - sounds good to me. But that's from a German point of view... :-)

Good luck, Diana!
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:56 am
re
i agree and i'm a little annoyed with my friends princess attitude. She already has a boyfriend who is rich...really he is. Apparently he spoils her quite a bit yet after a year still hasnt said, i love you. Anyhoo, i cant believe she'd have the audacity to say that guys that are hitting on ME should be buying HER drinks. And coming over to beat up some guy before he even knows us!

I did tell my roomate about this and she said, well it would have been nice if he had offered to get her a drink. Why?

Yeah i'm happy that he called, but with the luck i have with men he may not call again
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:58 am
Need I say, she's the one who pointed him out, made assumptions about who he was talking to on his cell, and then tried to trash things when he showed interest in you, not her? She doesn't seem too thrilled with her bf, and is taking it out on you.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:58 am
Everyone it right. Your friend sounds like she's just jealous and wishes someone had been there to buy her drinks too. Don't be too hard on her tho. It's a squirmy situation to be in, having a ringside seat as your friend get lucky. And you don't.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 11:00 am
Just caught your new post. It wouldn't have been 'nice', it would have simply been 'diplomatic.' In that sort of situation, I would have done the same and chose neither. If he's a perceptive guy, maybe he was just looking out for you by not getting your friend a drink, you know, trying to send you a subtle message.
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 11:09 am
re
trying to send you a subtle message.

what kind of message?

I'm just feeling guilty myself to be honest. I guess i wasnt really keeping track of who paid for what. All i know is that i had $60 in my wallet and I spent $20 at the bar. I did get kind of drunk, i was having a great time, money just wasnt on my mind and no one asked me for any. If this guy calls again and we go out i will be sure to buy him some drinks/dinner. After all i'm the one who invited him to sit with us. As for my frined i think she needs to get real. It would have been fine if she thought in her head that he could have bought her drinks, but she did NOT need to tell me, hey he's not a keeper because he didnt buy MY drinks. WTF? She said something like that her boyfriend would buy her friends drinks. He is her boyfriend, this guy had just met us! he wasnt obligated to buy my drinks or hers, yet he was nice enough to buy mine. I hope he wasnt trying to just me drunk, he did seem really nice and called the next day to ask if i got my car...i dont think he was just out to hook up.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 11:11 am
Subtle message = maybe he didn't like your friend too much. Wink
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 11:23 am
Or maybe he couldn't afford to buy drinks for him, for you AND for her. Not much finesse but geez...
0 Replies