Please edit it

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 09:05 pm
When there is a blur of fact and fancy, the most interesting thing is to make the fact come to light. And when the definition of the word "concubine" seemed to be such a blur, I tried to make it as clear as crystal -- in the historical context, the concubine only refers to a secondary wife for a man in the imperial China, not refers to a lover. And especially when Xiang Yu was then a King, being a secondary wife of the king was also honorable in comparison to the most of women's status. Like it or not, History is history. Any effort to twist History is meaningless, as well as useless.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 578 • Replies: 5
No top replies

carrie

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 05:07 am
Over time history may reveal new and interesting aspects of itself though. i think twisting is too harsh a word, as one of the joys of history is the analysis of the different interpretations and perceptions of people, events etc - including your own perceptions of it. Sometimes an unbiased view can be very hard to find, as nobody understands everyone.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:30 am
Hmm.... that sounds reasonable.
Thanks for your comment, carrie!
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:57 am
Pleasure! Its an interesting topic... x
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:00 pm
Hi oristar,
Do you want your language edited or your thought commented upon?
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 07:00 pm
Hi Wy,

Both were appreciated!
0 Replies