My Wife & Erotic Dancing

netfool

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 04:12 pm
My wife and I have been together over 8 years & have been married since this April.
We were high school sweethearts, and we had one of those on again-off again relationships for awhile.

Anyways, about 3 years ago when we were boyfriend and girlfriend, we lived together and had a newborn baby (not biologcally my child - but I told her I would love him as my own, and I have & always will) .

Money was tight, and she asked me if it was cool for her to go dancing to earn some extra money. I put a little thought into it and said go for it.
After about a month later, and after I had put some more thought into it, I told her I didn't like what she was doing. I no longer wanted to have my significant other to be a dancer, I didn't want her to get used to the easy money, I didn't like lying to other people about were she was on the weekends, I didn't like her coming home at 6am, sometimes drunk etc and I didn't think our son would want to grow and find out his mother used to strip.
We argued a bit & I told her that if she danced again, I was leaving. She the promised that she wouldn't dance again.
A week later she asks if she can go to the strip club and _only_ work at the bar. I agreed. She then came home the following morning and told me she gave a lap dance to some guy AND his girlfriend, she emphasized the guys grilfriend to some how justify what she did (thinking I may find it cool or kinky or something) - she then fell asleep about 2 minutes later.
I was stunned, but I had heard enough. She danced, she broker her promise, and I started packing my things. She woke up as I was leaving, I explained what she had done, and that I was leaving. She cussed & called me names, I told her "I hope your happy" and just walked away.

Fast forward - we get back together a year later, things seem to work out I ask her to marry me, she says yes, I go off to Basic Training for 4 months, come back and 6 months later were married.
Anyways, we actually have a great relationship. We allow each other to do as we please, we love each other, our kid is awsome, I have a good job w/ tremendous potential but...it's doesn't pay as good as we want it to.
I told her that if she's happy just maintaining the house, that I don't mind if she doesn't work, I'll pay all the bills and still give her money to go have fun. But, she want's a job, and she can't find one.
There are jobs in our area, but she refuses to believe that sometimes you just have to suck it up and take whats offered. She wants to pretty much start out earning like $600+/week plus benefits, with very little experience.
It's hard enough to find a job like that even if you already have proper experience and schooling like that in this area.
So, last week she told me she's going to go dancing. I told her she knew my point of view on this WELL before we got married. She said she's doing it anyways, I threatened divorce and told her she can pack her stuff if shes going to do that, she walked out the door and drove away. A few minutes later she called me from her cell and told me she won't dance.

Now, here come the questions of this lengthy post -

Why would she bring it there? Why would it have to come to the point of DIVORCE? She knew my strong feeling about the issue, she knew what they were when we got married, why does it have to get to that point?

We got into another argument about this last night because I couldn't believe she brought it so far. I told her I wanted her to understand the predicament I'm in now which is - "Did you say you didn't want to dance because I told you to move out?", "Are you using me to just live here now until you figure something else out?".
Then she just called me her at work and asked if I was still mad. I said "no, I actually still thinking about it". I told her to wait until I got home, and that we would talk there. She tells me that she has her stuff already packed! She said she doesn't know if she can be with ME if I can't trust her (referring to the 2 quesitons I just asked above)?! I told her I trusted her, then we argued about the question I asked her and I told her "Look, I trust you, leave it at that.".

Onto something else a little different now. I started thinking about her dancing again after our initial argument but have yet to come to a conclusion and am looking for some outside insight.

What if your significant other wanted to dance? Should I really think it's that bad?
If she were dancing fully clothed I would hesitate to tell her to do it if she wanted.
Shes always danced at the clubs somewhat erotically when we go out (shakin her booty etc - like all the other college girls at the local night clubs), I don't mind that.

I actually have to leave now, but I'd love to hear some people comment on what there thought would be if their significant other wanted to dance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,245 • Replies: 11
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 04:18 pm
Wow!

Well, first I have to stop laughing at the idea of my S.O. shakin' his booty on stage...

There.

OK. Sorry.

Wow, sounds like there are a lot of issues, the obvious one (to dance or not to dance) and then other ones beyond that. For example, how do you feel about the fact that she won't buckle down and get a "regular" job? Is that something you'd want to live with AFTER she's finished with dancing? Because once she's done -- age, weight, "stripper's foot" (this exists, has to do with super-high heels) or whatever -- she still won't have any more experience that will help her get a "regular" job than she does now.

Is she willing to do some of both? A job that will bring in some $$ and get her some experience, and then stripping part time?

More questions, will stop there for now.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 04:22 pm
It bothers me when untrustworthy people get mad when you don't trust them. She violated your trust, and then tried to turn that into your flaw. If she lies to you, or doesn't respect your opinions, you shouldn't trust her. You know her too well.

Sorry, that's my little rant. Probably not helpful.
0 Replies

EMSFD125

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:04 pm
ya id be pissed off to brother...you definatly arent alone, and i think you should still stick to your guns about this so she knows how strongly you feel about this
0 Replies

netfool

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:26 am
sozobe wrote:

how do you feel about the fact that she won't buckle down and get a "regular" job? Is that something you'd want to live with AFTER she's finished with dancing?

sozobe wrote:
Is she willing to do some of both? A job that will bring in some $$ and get her some experience, and then stripping part time?

More questions, will stop there for now.

She really wants a regualr job, she's been looking since May. Her problem is, she thought for a long time she could just post her resume on like monster.com etc and they would just come to her.
I told her that you have to get out there, make contacts, and interact with people. She's starting to do that now.

This dancing thing would just be a short-term deal I believe (given that I could justify my wife doing that in the first place), and would only happen on the weekends as far as I know. So yes, she would most likely work during the week, and dance on the weekends.

If she doesn't get a job, it's fine with me. If she just takes care of our kid & the house - great.
0 Replies

netfool

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:27 am
SCoates wrote:
It bothers me when untrustworthy people get mad when you don't trust them. She violated your trust, and then tried to turn that into your flaw. If she lies to you, or doesn't respect your opinions, you shouldn't trust her. You know her too well.

Sorry, that's my little rant. Probably not helpful.

No, it's helpful. Point taken.

EMSFD125 wrote:
ya id be pissed off to brother...you definatly arent alone, and i think you should still stick to your guns about this so she knows how strongly you feel about this

I always stick to my guns. I'm willing to re-analyze them, and correct them if I come to the conclusion my past thoughts weren't something I really don't stand for however.
I want her to feel completely free and for her to do as she pleases, and I expect the same.
That's why I'm re-analysing my past thoughts on dancing. When she asked me last week, I immediatley reverted to my past stance on the issue.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 11:17 am
First, she knows how strongly you feel about this, you two have been down this road before so she's way off base bringing it into your lives again. As a woman, I couldn't imagine being with a man who was cool with me stripping for others. Maybe it's an old fashioned attitude but...

She can't find a job? And stressing about it to such a point when you do okay enough, for now, for the both of you? Well, she needs to find something to do. There's alot to do between boredom and stripping. What are her interests? How about school?

Tell her she can strip for you every night if she likes. Put a pole up in your bedroom if it means that much to her but, as it's been said already, STICK TO YOUR GUNS.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 11:28 am
My husband said he would rather live in a box than let me strip. He has been to strip clubs and knows what goes on there. It isn't the place for a married mother to be. There is a time to grow up. That time is now and she doesn't seem to see that.

If she were single still and wanted to strip (dancing is such a stupid term for what it really is) then I'd say go for it. However, she married you knowing full well how you felt about it.

To me, no amount of money in the world would make me debase myself that way. I would work at McDonald's flipping burgers with my Bachelor's degree rather than strip. Just my opinion on it though.

Also, dancing in the bar and dancing on a stage are VERY different. Shake your booty all you want at the bar...I doubt she takes her clothes off there.

I think you have every right to be pissed. She violated your trust. Ask how she'd feel with other women stuffing bills down your g-string. She needs to have a little more respect for herself as a wife and mother. Maybe I am being a little rightous but I don't agree with a women who's made a committment doing things like this. It just isn't right.

You stick with your beliefs. There is nothing wrong with the way you feel!
0 Replies

netfool

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 12:08 pm
eoe wrote:
First, she knows how strongly you feel about this, you two have been down this road before so she's way off base bringing it into your lives again. As a woman, I couldn't imagine being with a man who was cool with me stripping for others. Maybe it's an old fashioned attitude but...

She can't find a job? And stressing about it to such a point when you do okay enough, for now, for the both of you? Well, she needs to find something to do. There's alot to do between boredom and stripping. What are her interests? How about school?

Tell her she can strip for you every night if she likes. Put a pole up in your bedroom if it means that much to her but, as it's been said already, STICK TO YOUR GUNS.

I don't see her as wrong as bringing it up again. Like I said, I'm willing to re-analyze my thought on past issues. But they way she brought it up & pushed it, and the fact that she said she was doing it regardless of what I thought & walking out the doing, only to recant her statement later after she had walked out the door was insane.

She already went to school. She loved interior design in high school. Last January she got the itch to go to college for it. I knew she loved it so I encouraged her and told her I would help out any way I could.
The college is 180 miles in downtown Minneapolis. So, she would have to move down there, and I couldn't leave my job (family business, my fathers priming me to take over soon), so I had to stay put.
SHe took all of her stuff, everyone helped her move, we got her and our kid set and she went of to school.
I came down every weekend I could to see them and to give her some money.
After awhile she realized she didn't put enough thought into planning everything, couldn't pay all the bills, couldn't juggle college & her job down there, she didn't realize she had to take a bunch of general classes that didn't have anything to do w/ interior design, she lived in a horrible apartment building in a bad area and she wanted to comeback, which she did. She's been back since May.

I could go on and on about since then, but I'll keep this short.
I find it hard for her to believe I don't trust her when I encouraged her to move to the cities to go to school. AND, live only a few miles from her EX who is the bilogical father of our kid.
She actually got pregnant by him about 2 weeks after we had seperated about 4 years ago. It was a fling. They were together a total of 30 days until her & I got back together... Now I get to raise his kid (he's a great kid though, you couldn't help not to love him).
I even told her I would love her kid - as my own, & I have as stated above, and she finds it hard to trust me (I'm getting myself angry now).

My God, the more & more I share, the more I think I am absolutly crazy for continuing to do this any longer.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 12:13 pm
Where is she now? Are you two still together or did she move out?
0 Replies

netfool

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:36 pm
She came back in May of this year, a month after we got married.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 02:12 pm
You're a saint and she's a sinner. You deserve more.
0 Replies