Running into an old letter...

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 04:01 pm
Anyone still keep them?

Don't you love that feeling? It's so hard to throw some of these out. I used to keep a box with love letters and greeting cards that silly boys gave me along the way. The few times I've opened it, I get that "feeling." You know ....the perfect rainy day where there's no better place to be than inside your home wrapped in a blanket.

I am cleaning out my computer to figure out what to transfer over (got a new computer), and ran into some old letters I wrote and received from old flames.

(sigh)

I get such a great feeling from reading old letters. They remind me of how I felt, who I used to be, and what I became because of it.

I by no means think getting butterflies means I still long for these people or individual, but nice times in my life that ended the way God intended.

*mush* - *mush*

Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,021 • Replies: 8
No top replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 04:48 pm
I used to have a box where I kept all my love letters from girls...there was some really touching stuff in there. For some reason, I felt stupid for keeping them and threw them out...many times I have regretted this.

There is one passage among those letters that I will never forget. she said, "stu, you are a star. you shine" I didn't even know the girl that well. But it made me feel as though she could see through to the real me...and I will never forget it.

Sometimes I need to go back to these old photographs, letters, and poems when I'm feeling alone to remind myself of the good times and people I've known.

Don't throw them out joey Smile
0 Replies

sugargirl555

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 12:48 am
Thats sorta like me.. Except its with emails.. just onse set of them.. except i tried to get rid of them, didnt want the memories
0 Replies

Raisa

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 07:03 am
I have the same experience...but I burned them...so regret...

it's really the beautiful memory in our life, every time you see it, you'll feel that time is backing...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 07:13 am
I have a bunch of old love letters that were written to me as a teenager. (For the life of me, I can't remember where I put them, though.) There WAS one letter though, that I did destroy. I was a little older, and the letter was a lot more explicit than the others. I had this fear that after I died, either my husband or my son would see it........................... Embarrassed
0 Replies

KYN2000

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 11:42 am
Joahaeyo

Your post has stopped me in my tracks.

And I don't stop very often anymore....here or there.

Yes! I still keep them, Joahaeyo! Photos: not letters.

I still think of someone (every day) who was in my life. Someone so very, very special.

My deepest concern is that of Phoenix's.

I live alone, and one day I will be gone....and someone else will find those photos. Someone else who is also very special to me.

And that person will be hurt by my having kept this memory. Painfully hurt.

And yet, I haven't let go of those photos.....those memorys.

I keep thinking and hoping, that before I die I will destroy them.

It seems so simple to just do it! Yet, I still cannot let that person go.

Maybe I need to finally just grow up!

Thank you for catching my eye, and possibly even something else.

D
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 11:45 am
Thanks for sharing with everyone. Smile

I haven't decided what I'll really do with "my box."

I was told a long time ago that I should tape it up and leave it at the 'rents house. That way, one day I can open it up and get the giggles w/my kids (none are "I want to sex you up" letters).

We'll see...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 11:59 am
You should keep them. Past loves are part of your life, just as they are for whoever is or will be your partner. An understanding and tolerant partner will know this. In my past, 8-years long relationship we respected this. I kept all letters, all photos, little mementos, and I will never throw them out. My mother kept them, too. Of course I nosed through them, and it just made her a richer person in my eyes. No reason whatsover to throw them out. I say transfer them to your new computer, I'm sure you'll be glad you did - in a year or five, when you'll read them over and they will give you that special feeling again.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 12:03 pm
All the snow has turned to water
Christmas days have come and gone
Broken toys and faded colors
Are all that's left to linger on
I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
For they always bring me tears
I can't forgive the way they rob me
Of my childhood souvenirs

Chorus:
Memories they can't be boughten
They can't be won at carnivals for free
Well it took me years
To get those souvenirs
And I don't know how they slipped away from me

KYN,
Someone who thinks you're special should realize that you think others are special too...if they don't , tough toenails.
0 Replies