who is the dalai lama i have to write an article in 30 min & i know nothing about him

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 06:06 pm
1) the Western view of the Dalai Lama and how it contributed to his reputation.
2) the Chinese government’s view of the Dalai Lama and how it contributed to his reputation.
3) the interplay of religious, personal and political qualities/factors in the construction of the Dalai Lama’s reputation
4)Reflect on how “flattening complexities” account for the emergence of competing reputation
i need to know these point and i tried google but nothing usful i will be very pleased if you helped me and please no rude comments Smile thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,547 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 06:12 pm
@danahassan143,
Some here may try to help, but you were quite rude at first, which you deleted. Oh, wait, our number of minutes is up. Too bad.
danahassan143

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 06:16 pm
@ossobucotemp,
nah i wasn't rude people here are rude idk what i did wrong i just asked a question and i found rude answers
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 06:29 pm
@danahassan143,
ah, I see it is two threads.

I take it you were expecting detailed history writing at speed?
Krumple

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 06:33 pm
@danahassan143,
danahassan143 wrote:

1) the Western view of the Dalai Lama and how it contributed to his reputation.
2) the Chinese government’s view of the Dalai Lama and how it contributed to his reputation.
3) the interplay of religious, personal and political qualities/factors in the construction of the Dalai Lama’s reputation
4)Reflect on how “flattening complexities” account for the emergence of competing reputation
i need to know these point and i tried google but nothing usful i will be very pleased if you helped me and please no rude comments Smile thanks

1. It's difficult to talk about the western perspective. Pretty much anyone from the west outside Buddhist circles cares very little to none about him. Unless they understand his history and conflict with China. Even though the Chinese want to detain him he freely travels the west giving speeches. He's viewed similar to the Pope for Tibetan Buddhism but not for all Buddhists.

2. The Chinese government hates him. They consider him a war criminal even though it was the Chinese who invaded Tibet to take back control. He eventually had to flee Tibet to Nepal to avoid being imprisoned by the Chinese. However many citizens of China do not view him the same way as the government. Many Chinese Americans have adopted a Tibetan form of Buddhism.

3. It's kind of silly to talk about his reputation since he does not care if he is hated or liked. This attitude though only works in his favor gaining support everywhere he goes. If anything politically it has further painted the Chinese government as assholes not allowing him to live and spread Buddhism in his own native country.

4. This whole essay is based on reputation which is ironic since reputation is meaningless in Buddhism. You will always be loved or hated by people even if you do nothing. The west see him oppressed even though he doesn't say or feel oppressed. If anything he has impacted the reputation of the west and Chinese more than his own.

5. Do your own damn homework.
danahassan143

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 06:36 pm
@Krumple,
well, thank you so much , your information really helped
0 Replies

danahassan143

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 06:38 pm
@ossobucotemp,
no not really i just wanted to understand these points, so i could write my article Smilex
0 Replies