How Do I get A Quiet Down-to-Earth Guy to Notice me?

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 10:28 pm
Okay.. Heres how it goes. Im a freshman, Hes a senior. Hes quiet.. Im sort of outgoing. He has a GREAT personality, but hides it most of the time. Im very ... loud.. Hes sweet and funny, when hes in his "Extra Curricular activities" but when hes alone in the mornings.. he has no one to talk to. HE IS HOT!! but no one notices him.. He tries to blend in with the Crowd. He looks Part italien. Longish Dark hair. Slightly tanned skin.. and SEXY soft eyes.. I jsut dont know how to start talking to him! I take Forensics with him...And hes hte Leader.. I just dont know how to start talking to him. I dont want to make it awkward between us either, i just want to be able to talk to him. And i just dont know how to start.. I Pass him in the corridors ALL the time... I just need help.. And my friend Likes the same guy.. So it sux even more... But..I need help. Sad Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,324 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 10:32 pm
welcome to A2k, sugargirl555!

how about asking him to help you with your forensics studies?
might be a good way to break the ice.

do it soon, before your friend makes her move...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 10:38 pm
Smell fabulous (but not strong), be scrubbed clean and well put together, wear bright or flattering clothes. Update your hair, smile. A lot.

Wait.

(That is Plan A. Plan B is more assertive.) Its good to be fabulous for a while before making a move, IMO.
0 Replies

sugargirl555

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 11:49 pm
..Well.. the thing is, i dont know what i want help on forensics for! because im not sure what i need help on.. I guess i could ask him for help on our debate.. But im too shy! i dont want him to think im some stupid idiot.. but then again, he is leaving this year.. and i wont see him again.. aa so confused!
0 Replies

leithy

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 07:28 am
what do you know about him, music he likes, sports, films, food, wine, books, there's bound to be something to connect you to get you started.

build slowly but build, men are mainly oblivious to women who like them, but if you build constantly, he'll wake up own day anf you'll be being chased

good luck
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 07:39 am
Are you guys in high school? If so, pass on the wine. Laughing

I agree w/Lash. But, I tend to be a bit more aggressive and go after men, but of course, I like them, like talking to them...

I would pick something topical to say: politics? Halloween? Fall? Where to find the biggest pumpkin? And I would have rehearsed a joke or 2 on any topic I thought I might use... Men always think I am soooo funny when really I am just a cornball and often resort to other people's jokes (look jokes up online) and repeat them with better than average timing... My own can be funny, but obscure, and often misunderstood... Embarrassed That always gets guys to notice me, and if they form a good opinion, I'm in. Laughing

He'll know you like him. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out, then you just have to wait, like lash said, looking fabulous.
0 Replies

sugargirl555

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 09:33 pm
hmm.. You guys have given me some good ideas... I guess i will try that.. Because the other thing im trying to do is Get on the same interim trip with him!
In our school, we get a week off school where you travel around the world in small groups of about 10. and there are trips to all over the world. And EVERYONE in Highschool has to go. And i have asked a girl to tell me what interim trips hes intrested in so i can sign up for those, Do you think thats overdo-ing it?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 09:52 pm
No. That's a great idea. Spiff yourself up--good for the outside AND self-confidence. You want to be your best self--and 'in the zone' when you're day-tripping around with him.

During the trips, you'll find something to say. Something will happen to give you a topic. Be natural and open. But, (alas) the girl you asked about his day trips has probably already sent your request through the grapevine...

Still, sometimes that's the best thing. Spa yourself, girl!! Smile!
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:42 pm
Well this certainly reminds me of a recent thread...Smile

Anyway, I think you should have some male opinion. Unfortunately, I don't have a great answer for you. He's a senior...he's quiet...you're a loud freshman...he's probably going to be into completely different things than you!

But you look like a cutie, smile and be outgoing with him and see what happens. He'd probably enjoy a break from his studies..

good luck!
0 Replies

sugargirl555

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 11:22 pm
Thanks you guys..! well i cant wait till Monday to try it out.. I might start with giving him a small smile.. But i just hope it doesnt make him feel wierd around me.. I guess the reason for all my paranoia is the fact that just a couple of months ago, i had made a HUGE mistake by telling someone that i liked him.. Well i think hes diffrent.. Well im going to try and get on his interim group..just hopefully he wont think im wierd.... I just hope my friends Dont get to him first..

If you want to, you can add me to msn! [email protected]
I would always appreciate extra help..
0 Replies

sugargirl555

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 11:29 pm
And i know NOTHING about him.. I know that he doesnt really talk to many people.. He doesnt have like a best friend or anything ((hes NOT a loner or a reject though)) When hes in forensics, hes really active)) hes funny.. Hes just sweet and he has a sexy voice.
0 Replies

td8181

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 04:42 am
You remind me of my own thread that I make a while ago. You should be glad that your guy is down to earth. The guy that I like are even worst, he doesn't talk, doesn't smile, in fact he doesn't even have a facial expression, his face just looks totally cold all the time. I use to have a class with that guy then the time is over, now I don't have class with him anymore. I regret it that I did not ask him out at that time. If I can turn back the hand of time, I would do things differently, but I cannot. I suggest you talk to him as much as you can, show that you care for him and in fact ask him out for a coffee. Trust me, it works once the guy get to know you better. For my situation, before the guy never even look at my face or smile at me, after a long while to know him and bugg him, he finally smile and at least ask me questions. So sometimes bug someone is not that bad, if he say stop then stop, if not then continue. First be friend with him and see how it goes. Trust me, some guys are just so stupid to the point, that even how much things you done for them, they just think you NICE. Be brave and talk to him, don't let time slip by then regret.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 04:53 am
I wish I got to take forensics when I was in high school. Here's an idea, pack a picnic and go for a drive into the country. When you pass some roadkill, examine the carcass together and try to figure out how it died, and if it was foul play, while eating your sandwiches. Okay, that might not be the best idea, but I was a Goth in high school. That would have been considered romantic. Wink
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 09:24 am
Quote:
When you pass some roadkill, examine the carcass together and try to figure out how it died,

you are a hoot
0 Replies

sugargirl555

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 03:49 am
LOL! i think i will pass on the Roadkill idea. Well right now im trying to work up some courage to go and talk to him.. Im just worried about what he might think.. but the other thing is is that i will never see him again.. so yeah maybe i will.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:04 am
I think you should talk to him. I tell my daughter what my mother told me to instill my confidence. I (and she; and you should look in a mirror and assume royal posture, (head up: neck long,) then repeat this, "I am a queen. I am a woman. I am beloved."

In addition, if you will never see him again, the risk is less. And the practice is invaluable, so go talk to him! But make sure you look fabulous when you do, darling!

Wink PP
0 Replies

sugargirl555

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:18 am
Hey! Alls good. Well This morning i worked up enough courage to talk to him. It wasnt about anything that interesting.. but still We talked but not for that long. But it was worth it. And everytime after i saw him in the corridors, I gave him a small smile and said hi, and he usually replied and said hi back. Lifes good..... so far..
0 Replies