LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

Mame

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2023 10:55 am
@CalamityJane,
Whoa... that's very sad. He certainly was a character. I spent a lovely afternoon with him and another member here a few years ago. He was very different in person, I can tell you that. Quite amiable and easy-going.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2023 12:12 pm
@CalamityJane,
He was cantankerous, but plenty smart. I enjoyed the way he took on the trolls. For some reason he took a dislike of me, perhaps he thought I was the evil bobsal from Abuzz and the early here. But he was smart and he never spread any nonsense or untruths.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2023 01:43 pm
@CalamityJane,
Was saddened to hear this. He had an intellect. He did decide I was excrable at some point for some reason that I don’t think had anything to do with me (I suspected dementia, it was so weird) hope EhBeth is holding up, she has always been lovely.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2023 02:08 pm
@hingehead,
I am glad it wasn't just me, and I agree EhBeth is one of the nicest members ever.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2023 08:49 am
@CalamityJane,
Thanks so much for posting CJ. He was truly a good guy. Obviously madly in love with ehbeth, who my heart goes out to. I have really missed him here, despite his outoftheblue crustiness sometimes. Wicked smart. So well read. Sentimental! Funny irl, which frequently made it's way to these pages. I only met them a handful of times, but one of them was an extended visit, and I adored the guy. Our condolences, ehbeth. (((Hugs)))
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2023 03:44 pm
Very sad to hear about Set. We tangled horns a time or two, for stupid reasons.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2023 01:09 pm
Farmerman hasn't posted in over 8 months.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2023 02:06 pm
@lmur,
That worries me.
jcboy

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2023 02:44 pm
@glitterbag,
Me too, I always liked Farmerman, he contributed a lot to this forum. At first I thought that was just a user name he used but he told me he actually was a Farmer. If I remember correctly he lives in Pennsylvania.
0 Replies

Bogulum

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2023 03:01 pm
If anybody hears anything about FM, please let the rest of us know.
hightor

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2023 03:41 am
@Bogulum,
Reportedly, he's on facebook. I'm not, however.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2023 01:53 pm
@hightor,
No, farmerman is not on facebook! He always said he hated it.... I think he's a retired Geologist and had some farm animals on the side. He lives close to the Amish in PA, not sure where exactly. I think Thomas and/or Tak have met him in person, they may know more...
Ragman

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2023 04:22 pm
@lmur,
Not seen him since on here since the NFL Super Bowl timeframe.No indication of any signs or word either. I’m quite concerned as he had quite a bit of health issues. I hope he resurfaces.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2023 09:21 pm
Linkat hasn't posted since July last year. Does anyone know if she's okay?
Mame

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2023 09:45 am
@cherrie,
I don't know, but I miss her.
jcboy

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2023 10:00 am
@Mame,
I've been wondering about her too. Hopefully she will return and is just taking a break for now.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2023 10:47 am
Gone since the end of May – where's revelette?
Builder

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2023 01:21 am
@hightor,
What's missing here, is the question of why all of the long-time members have decided to bugger off?
hightor

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2023 04:10 am
@Builder,
You consider yourself a "long-time member", right? And you're still here. So obviously, they haven't all left. Consider what keeps you posting here – it's safe to assume that the missing long-timers no longer find the site as interesting as you apparently still do.

Good night.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2023 05:52 am
@Builder,
I don't know what you consider to be a "long-time member".
Under your current name you're here since January 4, 2007, and still post.

So you're referring to those who joined earlier.
You will not know that most of the very earliest members were Robert's students, who never posted anything.
You will have missed that quite a few of the "long-time members" are ill and/or have died.

Besides that: why is that a question you are missing?
Use >Ask a Question< and hope that those who you are missing will answer.