LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 May, 2021 10:36 pm
@Borat Sister,
I suspect she will turn up soon.
hightor

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 04:59 am
Lash made a brief appearance after a ten month absence but hasn't posted since.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 05:50 am
@hightor,
I see lash around on other sites.
hightor

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 06:34 am
@edgarblythe,
That's good. What's she up to? Did she storm the Capitol?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 07:33 am
@hightor,
Her teaching job keeps her pretty busy.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 11:11 am
@edgarblythe,
Got my hoper on!
Roberta

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 01:57 pm
@Borat Sister,
Hey bunny. I haven't seen you for a while. How's by you?
glitterbag

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 02:00 pm
@Roberta,
Everybody was just asking about you, glad to see you back.
BillW

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 02:33 pm
@glitterbag,
Hi-de-hi, he-de-hey, hi-de-ho
Good to see you Ms Roberta!
😀😁🤗
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 02:58 pm
Welcome, Boida. I really missed you.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 06:21 pm
@Roberta,
Bugger that! How are YOU.

I’m fine thank you
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 12:35 pm
@Roberta,
Hip hip Roberta ray !
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 02:23 pm
Thanks to all for the welcome back. 'Cept I wasn't gone. I just didn't have nuttin' to say. Stranger things have been known to happen.

I think all this isolation is making me a bit withdrawn.
Borat Sister

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 03:36 am
@Roberta,
Say something already!
Roberta

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 05:44 pm
@Borat Sister,
Wasn't saying that I didn't have nuttin' to say saying something?

I'm eh. I'm aching to get some sunshine on my face. I may venture out.

My apartment looks like a bomb went off. No breath for cleaning, but I did sweep.

Take care you guys.
BillW

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 06:16 pm
@Roberta,
You take care to!
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 05:27 pm
@Roberta,
No Roberta, saying “I have nothing to say” is NOT saying something

What have you been doing in isolation? What are you reading, watching, listening to?

Sorry you have no breath for cleaning.

This I understand as I have long had no back for cleaning. Now that I am not driving and sitting so much, I discovered the other day that I could dust, tidy, vacuum AND mop the floor on the same day! Kaloo kalay, oh frabjous day!

I am so easily rendered happy.

Viola brought in a mouse just after midnight. I know she’d been outside earlier because she came in all rained on. This led me to worry that it might have been an OUTSIDE mouse.

I consider INSIDE mice fair game....but not ones outside. Although outside mice attract snakes and seem to have as their life’s ambition to become inside mice.

This mouse was very rotund. I wonder if she was pregnant?

My neighbour’s cat brought in a dead snakelet the other day...even though we have supposedly snake proof netting at the bottom of out cat enclosures. The fear of mice bringing snakes to our homes is real!
Roberta

Reply Wed 19 May, 2021 02:25 pm
@Borat Sister,
bunny, What have I been doing? Sleeping. Reading mysteries. Watching tv. Eating. Washing dishes, one or two at a time. I don't listen to anything. I don't have a radio and my old stereo hi-fi is broken. Well, I listen to traffic. Ordinarily, I'd say that traffic ain't singing much of a tune. But I've noticed major changes in traffic sounds as COVID took hold of the city. Not back to normal yet, but definitely and improvement over the near silence about a year ago.

I just got my second vaccination. They sent someone to me because I can't get myself outside.

Speaking of rodents, I've currently got one. I don't suppose Viola would be interested in free-lancing. I'm more than a little happy to report that there are no reptiles in the vicinity, outside of zoos, that is.

My social worker brought me some traps. Feh. I don't like dealing with the situation. Where is Miranda when I need her? Dead Patty was useless in the rodent department. But she was a bug chaser. Mikey caught mice but didn't know what to do with them, so he'd let them go.

Watch out for dem snakes. I have nothing against them, but they make me nervous.
Borat Sister

Reply Wed 19 May, 2021 07:10 pm
@Roberta,
Viola would love to freelance. What plans did you have for getting her to Noo Yawk?

Once she’s there, she’s yours....it’s six month’s quarantine if she comes back so it’s not really feasible. You have to feed her, but I’ll send you her heart tablets. They’re expensive.

She loves her exercise wheel so I’m guessing you can get her one second hand?

I thought Sebastian was telling me yesterday that there was another snake in our neighbourhood shed....we had a huge black one relocated from there earlier this year, after much debate. The debate was because we encourage native wildlife here and snakes are that. However, the shed is accessed by us when putting orchard netting and such in and taking it out. We felt the snake would quite reasonably defend its home if it happened to be there when we wanted to move stuff around and it tended to be well hidden. Then again, remove one snake and another will take its place.

My neighbour Meg, who spends half her time in her native England and half here, made an executive decision to have it caught and relocated by our trusty snake catcher, who gives us a discount, because she was frightened. Some of us paid her back.

Anyway, the snakes are currently looking for safe places to hibernate for winter.

When Sebastian began looking intently at the shed wall and leaping at it, I thought he could hear a new snake, but then realised he was pouncing at the shadows of stuff being moved around by the wind.

So, like schroedinger’s cat, there is or isn’t a snake in the shed. Only time will tell.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 10:18 pm
Tsarstepan hasn't posted since May 1.