LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 05:31 pm
@farmerman,
Too rich for my blood. I'm happy with a small auto camera that takes decent pictures that I can print 13x19 copies. I make copies for family and friends as a hobby.
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 06:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
shhhh, looks like camlok got another time out for being camlok. I wondered why the alt right were the only ones with whom I disagreed these llast few weeks. Since I was indisposed I thought she just up and left us, but it was a quick departure on 3/5/18

OH well, now we can wash down the walls and restrooms without worry of re- contamination.
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 06:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
PS, my cams are mostly used for art and taking minral pix from deposits. I need a really good macro and my best are a combintion of a mid level telephoto jacked onto a macro flat pan.
The tripod was a real PITA. so I had a mining survey tripod modified by a metal shop.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 06:26 pm
@farmerman,
It helps when one can deduct those expenses as part of your business. When I did business consulting work, I kept good records on business expenses. I remember how thick my tax returns used to be compared to after retirement. My wife does the taxes now. As a matter of fact, my wife takes care of almost everything, including taking good care of me!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:40 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

shhhh, looks like camlok got another time out for being camlok. I wondered why the alt right were the only ones with whom I disagreed these llast few weeks. Since I was indisposed I thought she just up and left us, but it was a quick departure on 3/5/18

OH well, now we can wash down the walls and restrooms without worry of re- contamination.

Dang, Camlok is a she?
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:51 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Dang, Camlok is a she?

I think some people asked. I don't think Camlok ever answered or even acknowledged the question.

Of course, I didn't follow Camlok around and read every thread that Camlok posted on, so maybe there was a conversation on a thread that I haven't read.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 08:17 am
Some may remember McTag (Alan).

He died last Saturday in hospice - it was a blessed release for him.

Rest in peace, Alan.

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 08:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I admired him greatly. Didn't know he was ill. Thanks for letting us know.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 09:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Such sad news. He was a good friend to many here. Both my father and Set were recipients of interesting real-life correspondence from him.

RIP Alan.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 10:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks Walter, sad news.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Sad
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 12:41 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Appreciate your relaying this news to us Walter.

For some odd reason, I was viewing his profile page the other day and wondered where he'd gone.

Quite sad.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 12:58 pm
Just realized that we didn't get our annual link of interesting Christmas music from McT. Will have to grab an old one and hope the link is still working.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 01:02 pm
@ehBeth,
He was admitted to hospital one week before Christmas.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 01:15 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Oh, no! Why are so many of the good guys leaving us so soon? It’s really sad, and disheartening. I met Alan and Fiona in London.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 03:21 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
He was assays such a gentleman, very urbane and friendly. He sent us a lot of information about his hometown and the old market there, a survival from medieval times. He also once sent me a set of pamphlets from one of the national newspapers in the UK about the great war. I wish I had kept in better touch with him.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 04:41 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thank you so much for letting us know.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 04:51 pm
@glitterbag,
saw this while I was backtracking till I found out our gentleman's gentleman McT has passed. I pictured him as someone like Cary Grant . Im sorry to hear that .

Also, Camlok was a woman .As you know camlok was another name of JTT who, early in her time here revealed her gender.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 10:16 pm
@farmerman,
I'm very sad to hear about McT, we've lost many fascinating people over the last 8 years.

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2018 05:23 pm
Peace be upon him.
0 Replies