LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

roger

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 11:09 pm
@margo,
Un huh. I used to get virus warning, holiday greetings, and occasional notes from temper. It's been awhile.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 12:41 am
@Pemerson,
Temper still forwards funnies on a daily basis to my Yahoo e-mail address on a daily basis, most recently May 14, so she must be okay. I haven't e-mailed her directly in a long while just to catch up, but I'll make a point of sending her an e-mail to tell her that some folks were asking about her.

She didn't make the switch to A2K, told me once that she couldn't, but didn't elaborate.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 03:57 pm
@Letty,
I had sent lightwizard a message (reference to djjd query)
Ragman

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 04:49 am
@Ragman,
Oops, I didn't scroll back.
Letty

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 01:01 pm
@Ragman,
Odd, I just saw a post by detano Inipo from Canada. Wonder what happened to him, Ragman?

Also found Frank Apisa's thread from a year ago. I asked him about his deja vu and he said that he had had no problems since he got a pacemaker.
Letty

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 03:13 pm
What has happened to Merry Andrew and Seaglass? Anyone know?
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 03:25 pm
@Letty,

Sglass last posted on the 18th.
she said somewhere that MA is having computer issues...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 06:59 pm
@Letty,
I worry about detano - he is older and we used to talk on several threads of mutual interest. Maybe he got lost in the transition to the new a2k.. I'm not sure of the timing.
Letty

Reply Tue 25 May, 2010 12:51 pm
@ossobuco,
I know he liked jazz, osso, and he had a different sobriquet earlier. He must have been French Canadian, because he was always talking about certain songs and aspects of that genre.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 06:47 am
been thinking about mac11 lately. She hasn't posted in a month. Hope all is well, mac!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:03 am
@JPB,
Me too. I figure she is really busy, hope that's it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 07:16 am
The Prince hasn't posted for ages. Does anyone know what he's up to & how he's going these days? I miss him.

Letty

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 07:35 am
@msolga,
I e-mailed him, but no response. How about Slappydoohoo?
msolga

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 07:48 am
@Letty,
Quote:
I e-mailed him, but no response.

Yes, so did I, Letty. (Or PM-ed him, rather.)

That was quite a few weeks ago.

margo

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:16 pm
@msolga,
I hope he surfaces - I'd like to catch up with him again when I get there.

Letty, heard anything of John Nunn?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:32 pm
I liked Temper a lot, and lost her when I asked, as politely as I could muster, that she stop sending me funnies, not wanting to cut her off, just the jokes - which I think I was clear about. But, I was one of the folks who left abuzz in its total despond for a2k, plus not liking baths of jokes. Naturally, I still wish her well.

I see joke sending fairly often, even now (one cousin). Once in a while, cool, all the time all the time, it's a replacement for conversation. I've a limit, re how many years I'll deal with that, while I still try to pull the person out of the cutie stuff, or the vitriolic stuff. In the case of my crappo sweet stuff sending cousin, I admire her generally, and almost enjoy that she has that tender side.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 08:00 am
@Letty,
Frank APisa posts on Salon.com in the editorial section from time to time.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 08:29 am
@plainoldme,
Frank Apisa began withdrawing from a2k not long after several of us were having dinner in Manhatten and Frank walked outside to smoke a joint. I went out to check on him and found him unconscious on the sidewalk so I kicked him in the head with the pointy toe of my cowboy boot leaving a bruise on his forehead. He spent the night in a hospital while the rest of us finished our meals. He also became frustrated with the atheists on a2k who didn't take well to his evangelical rantings re agnosticism. I liked Frank and wish him well but I really miss Bernie.
spendius

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:12 am
@dyslexia,
So do I dys. I had a few discussions with Frank and I must say he was more interesting than most. He once claimed he'd had a threesome with what I assumed were two well-travelled ladies. It would be something of a stretch to think they were two chaste virgins. It never entered my head to think he was just boasting. I take every word on A2K as the God's honest gospel truth so help me.

I understand that a lot of the detail is missing like when flying off to some exotic location to impress the neighbours with one's capacity to pay and satisfy one's urge to "see the world" always misses out getting through the security cordons hoping somebody doesn't take it into their heads to have a shufti up the cakehole with a little narrow-beamed torch such as one of those suitable for reading under the bedclothes. A lot of stuff. Too silly to discuss really. The 24 hour cycle.

And the detail was missing in Frank's information.

He was stationed in England during the war and had got a mild hunkering for the English way of life. He tried to invite himself to my pub once.

It was a shame that he left A2K in disgust at the tactics of those atheist evangelicals. I was used to it. I think he was shocked to discover that people he knew to be mature American citizens could be that stupid and bigoted as to not see, or pretend not to see, the obvious and irrefutable point he was making. With me not being American it doesn't shock me as much. It makes one wonder about the backstage scene in the logistical operation down in the Gulf of Mexico. Especially if there are geologists down there who farmerman has trained.

I miss Bernie and Lola too although the latter was getting a bit shirty at me shortly before they departed for Portland. Or when they were in Portland. We did have some fun though did Lola and I. Did you read Bernie's description of carking it? There was some detail in that. He could write a bit could blatham.

panzade

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:23 am
@dyslexia,
remind me not to pass out anywhere near your boots.
0 Replies