LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

Francis

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 02:38 pm
Where's Material Girl?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 04:55 pm
gonna head north in a few days to see tai chi and husband, gone for about 10 days
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 05:48 pm
Anybody know what happened to djjd?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 05:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
Only that I wanna covey smiles.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:18 pm
http://en.gravatar.com/userimage/8436884/3b3124803f24cbcbda81daa27b80d234.jpg

I've returned. The disc wasn't crashed as bad as they thought and they finally retrieved me on the 8th pass......
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:19 pm
@djjd62,
dj, say Hi to them from me.. and have fun.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 08:04 pm
@msolga,
In response on page 211 of thread this dated May 9 in 2008:

I apologize for being long winded here. To all who had care and concern I am sorry for having been neglecting on my Internet activity.

I am live yes still. Things happen medical and other. Cmputers die and some times people still do too. I was not one of them.

The cmputer seemed slow I got bored from it and put it to the side that was some where in the past I dn't know when. Not able to tell here when I was here when I was last here. Is there a way to find that out I am curious.

I had health concerns not directly to renal (kidney). August 2007 I passed out complete Lee. For a short time I culd not speech a word although I could think. Very frustrating. Ambulance to hospital. Was in St.Vincents Hospital they did many tests mostly heart and had a nice heart monitor attached all the time. The room was nice and I had the window which gave more seating space for visitors. Was going to released when given strong pain in the stomach and intestines it passed and finally I went home. Still avoided the computer. They said my heart was fine for my age.

Last year in later time I had more pain in the stomach area until I vomited bile. My intestines had clogged. Went to St. Vincents and was surgeried after which I had set back and a delighted blood clot along with no ability to intake food. I had a disgusting tube in my nose to drain the bile for a few weeks living off IV drips and some really nice pain medications. Lay in bed mostly was put in a chair at items. The catheters were nice except when they didn't empty the bag. No the catheters were never nice. They kept putting them in taking them out.
My legs tripled in size as I lay there and they seemed puzzled. I din't have a window in that room I was near the door.

Lastly went to a Nursing Home which was utterly depressing and was there and then responded some to things and was put in the rehab section. Left after 4 months. Learned to walk even slow now right leg is still soft from strength. It's better each day and I am trying to be positive even though food scares me now.

Learning to place thoughts together again. People say I seem clear and understandable but I use the wrong words a lot and am confused from right and left. Easter in the rehab was a Sylvia Plath dream. Passover included Brisket and nice napkins with Star of David images in them. Jim brought a box of hot cross buns for Easter. He was very nice through all for it and when I was some better took me outside. By then I could eat again and he took me to places for food. It was stressful to him and other people. I have to admit I at times wished I had not lived past the surgery. Recovering and learning to walk was harder than I expected it to be. In the rehab section I had a nice window but the room was small. As in the other places it was a 2 person room which brought away privacy somewhat. People were nice though and helpful.

Ehbeth through this all I am still on the cell number. For a long time It was off and I didn't use it. It was with me in all the medical places although for a long time it was off there once for more than 2 weeks I didn't turn it on. I finally started placing it on in the last month of rehab. Before then I wasn't sure what would happen.

I see a doctor tomorrow and have a nurse coming by weekly actually 2 of them. 1 makes sure I am alive yet and the other takes blood because of that clot which may have disolved or what ever they do by now. I better ask the doctor. It was surpriseful(?-is this the right word?) to find a doctor would make house calls. Jim says more doctors may do that now with an aging population. I didn't understand that. Maybe he didn't say that maybe my sister did. I can't remember right now. I get confused easily and people are scary outside in the streets. It was nicer in the nursing home and the rehab where even though they were short staffed they took care of things. Even when I started to walk they would still prepare the bed and place the food tray in front of me. I have a patch in the ceiling where it leaked rain from the roof.

My apologies again for having not done right by all of you in all of this. I am going to get some sleep now since I need to wake up for the doctors visit tomorrow and make some phone calls before then. I will see how item is when returning here. The letter O is missing on the computer I have to hit the space which is a bare space where the plastic was once there.

I am not sure what more to say so I won't for now. I hope I haven't made so many mistakes here that it can't make sense. I quite will see if I can stay focussed on the computer. I was advisory that it would be good for me to learn to write and communicate this way and not just with people in person. I don't know. My left foot seems to be puffing up again. It used to happen only to the right foot now the right foot seems to not puff up. It's life and life happens.

Sorry I wrote too much.

Until later.

panzade

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 08:10 pm
@Sturgis,
great to hear from you...seems our concern was warranted. Glad you are healing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 08:15 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis, so glad you came back. I know all of your friends here are pulling for you to be better. Hope you continue to keep us informed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 08:26 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis, I'm crying, it is so good to hear from you. So very good.

Easiest for you to contact ehBeth.

Love,

Osso.

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 08:34 pm
@Sturgis,
Your last visit was August 2007.
Almost 2 years.

It has crossed a few of our minds that you may had died and no one would know.
Though, it sounds like things may have become harder then death.

I do hope you are able to get better physically.
Thank you for checking in.

I wish I knew more to say but I dont.
Im stunned. Im sad. Im.. just.. at a real loss for words.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 08:46 pm
@Sturgis,
It's so very, very good to hear from you, Sturgis. You've been missed. Your post was easily understandable. I'm sorry to hear all you've been through but I'm glad you're back home and improving.

Welcome back!
Dutchy

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 08:55 pm
@JPB,
Hi sturgis, best wishes from downunder for your continued improving health, pleased you called in, hang in there old friend.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 08:59 pm
@ossobuco,
Really, Sturgis, I'm so extremely happy to see you here I don't know what to do.
So, I'll be quiet.

Or, just click on my username.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 01:49 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis!!!!

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

I can't believe it's really you!

Oh what a relief! You have no idea!

Come here, you Polish sausage! <<<<hug, hug, hug, SMOOCH!>>>>

You've made my day Sturgis, you really have! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 02:09 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
My apologies again for having not done right by all of you in all of this. I am going to get some sleep now since I need to wake up for the doctors visit tomorrow and make some phone calls before then. I will see how item is when returning here. The letter O is missing on the computer I have to hit the space which is a bare space where the plastic was once there.

I am not sure what more to say so I won't for now. I hope I haven't made so many mistakes here that it can't make sense. I quite will see if I can stay focussed on the computer. I was advisory that it would be good for me to learn to write and communicate this way and not just with people in person. I don't know. My left foot seems to be puffing up again. It used to happen only to the right foot now the right foot seems to not puff up. It's life and life happens.

Sorry I wrote too much.

Until later.

I've now (sort of) recovered from my shock & delight in seeing you again, Sturgis. And went back & read your post more carefully. You have been through a terrible time. I'm so sorry it has been like this for you! My very best wishes in regaining your health, one step at a time. And please don't apologize for neglecting us! We were just very worried about your extended absence, that's all. (Nothing to do with neglect of "duty" on your part at all!)

Oh this is wonderful! You're OK! Very Happy
jespah

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 03:44 am
@msolga,
Sturgis, great to read you again. Your post was easy to understand. We've missed ya.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 06:17 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis,

So very happy to be able to read your post. Happy that you are able to do so but said that you are going through all of the medical stuff.

If you don't mind, I will pray for you.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 06:34 am
Welcome back, Sturgis. Feel free to exercise your brain all you like here.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 06:55 am
@Sturgis,
So great to see you Sturgis. I liked the writing in your post actually... the meaning came across loud and clear but there were some original word-choices! I wasn't sure if you were being purposely clever.

Thanks so much for checking in.