If only his name was Pete Williams instead of Abdul Artan, eh?

revelette1

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:41 am
@Frugal1,
No there is not, personally I think the whole Sharia law takeover is a certain type of right wing group conspiracy dream and Trump simply honed into it like he did all else. For a while I got caught up into thinking he was sincere in all that. Not that I think he will go the other way and block this kind of thinking, he will not, but I honestly don't think he gives a hoot about it, really. In my own mind, I think his main thing is strengthening his business opportunities both for him and other big business people.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:45 am
@georgeob1,
Of course there is terrorism around the world and Muslim terrorist, but Islamophobia is irrational because it puts both non militant/moderate Muslims and ideological militant Muslims into the same basket and by doing so it risk radicalizing moderate Muslims. You know you should know this, you are smarter than the way you are portraying yourself here since Trump won. Fighting the war on terror is different than fighting a country with a military so really the WW2 analogy is false.
georgeob1

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:58 am
@revelette1,
The analogy is quite accurate. Most Germans had nothing to do with the planned extermination of European Jews, but it happened anyway. Fear of Germany was indeed a very rational thing for those few who escaped.

Radical Islamic terrorists have killed hundreds of thousands of perceived enemies of their ghastly faith in Syria, Iraq Yemen and variuous countries in Africa. Some were killed in military actions, other by terrorism and many others in rather ghastly mass exterminations. The method of killing is quite irrelevant.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:59 am
The Sharia take over is 0bama's wet dream. 0bama claims to be a democrat, and democrats defend his every move - so all of this Muslimification of the US falls directly in the lap of liberal democrats.

Thank God Trump was elected to be our next president, he & the republicans can reverse everything 0bama and the left have done these last 8 years.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:01 am
Quote:
Islamophobia
A made up 'fake' word created by liberal democrats to protect radical muslim immigrants.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:16 am
@georgeob1,
If a country like Saudi Arabia state leaders decided to start conducting wars in the name of Jihad, using state armies and state military weapons, you may have a point that not everyone in Saudi Arabia wants Jihad. Instead, it some people in Saudi Arabia and other countries who are conducting Jihad or belong to ISIS. Must I go searching for articles from smarter people who I am sure have studied this who can explain it better than me? I think it would be a waste of time, you would simply restate what you have said already.
maporsche

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:54 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

The suffix "phobia" usually refers to an irrational fear. Given the turmoil, terrorism, mass executions and efforts to exterrminate perceived enemies of the faith now going on within and around the Islamic world there appears to be nothig at all irrational about the concerns. Indeed in this case you efforts to deny it are irrational.

The Jews who fled Germany and Poland in 1936-38 were not acting out of irrational fear. Our belated active preparations for war that started in about 1937 were not irrational. There are real dangers in the world.

What are the odds of you or anyone you know getting "exterminated" by a muslim?

I bet its not far off from being hit by lighting.

Generally we view being afraid of lighting as something childish and that a reasoning adult should grow out of.
layman

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:02 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

What are the odds of you or anyone you know getting "exterminated" by a muslim?

I bet its not far off from being hit by lighting.

Another cheese-eater enters the fray with yet another lame, irrelevant attempt to dismiss these radical terrorists as being of no significant concern. Whooda thunk, I ask ya?

You might want to move the Germany, now that Hitler is gone, eh?
georgeob1

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:19 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Must I go searching for articles from smarter people who I am sure have studied this who can explain it better than me? I think it would be a waste of time, you would simply restate what you have said already.

You can do whatever you want. You can cling to your present ignorance of the matter as long as you wish. I would recommend some additional reading and study on your part. However it appears you are interested only in making a point and not in understanding anythng.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:24 pm
@maporsche,
I just read that an American is something like 50 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than they are by a terrorist.

but

Black Lives Matter = irrational
&
Islamophobia = justified

Frugal1

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:29 pm
I just read that Islam is the religion of hate, and that it's a death cult.

Why on earth would 0bam and the liberal left want to bring this backward thinking crowd to America?
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 01:18 pm
@maporsche,
Word
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 01:25 pm
Just listened to a brilliant feature on Trump and Pakistan.

Did he forget who lives in Pakistan?

__

For Pakistan.
Against Pakistan.

Opinions for everyone!

Gotta love it.

__

the BBC's report on the recent call

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38165878

monocle covers it

https://monocle.com/radio/shows/the-briefing/1321/
Frugal1

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 01:45 pm
https://twitter.com/Stevenwhirsch99/status/805857296895119360
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 06:34 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Another cheese-eater

You may want to find a new phrase to use because I think most people here like to eat cheese.
Maybe where you come from it seems logical but for many of us it seems silly.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 06:45 am
'Cheese-eater' fits these silly liberals quite well.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 06:54 am
@ehBeth,
He simply has no idea what he is talking about so he says one thing then another. Or perhaps there is some kind of business deal going on.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 07:50 am
It's impossible to find a peaceful Muzzie these days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3498199/Liz-Hayes-60-Minutes-team-attacked-Sweden-shocking-video.html
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 08:29 am
Quote:
German Chancellor Angela Merkel — who opened doors to hundreds of thousands of Muslim migrants during the refugee crisis last year — on Tuesday called for a ban on full-veil burqas.

“The full veil is not appropriate here, it should be forbidden wherever that is legally possible. It does not belong to us,” she said.

Even Merkel is starting to wise up, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 08:56 am
Last year:

Quote:
Merkel pushed for policies that “opened doors” and said Germans had a humanitarian duty to accept all those who could make it to its borders.

What happened?

Quote:
Sexual violence in Germany has reached epidemic proportions since Chancellor Angela Merkel allowed into the country more than one million mostly male migrants from Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

Germany's migrant rape crisis has now spread to cities and towns in all 16 of Germany's federal states. Germany is effectively under siege; public spaces are becoming increasingly perilous.

During the month of July 2016, hundreds of German women and children were sexually assaulted by migrants (see Appendix below). The youngest victim was nine; the oldest, 79. Attacks occurred at beaches, bike trails, cemeteries, discotheques, grocery stores, music festivals, parking garages, playgrounds, schools, shopping malls, taxis, public transportation (buses, trams, intercity express trains and subways), public parks, public squares, public swimming pools and public restrooms. Predators are lurking everywhere; safety nowhere.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/8663/germany-migrants-rape

The "humanitarians" sure did a lot to help German citizens, eh? That's cool, though. They all "feel better about themselves."
0 Replies