Why Must Some Sacrifice And Some Not?

Baldimo

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:24 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Larry434 informs us:

Quote:
I fully understand that the oil companies, over the entire history of the industrial age, has been among the top in profits, and a very good investment for stock and futures speculators.

Well, thank god you know something. But when you talk about gas being more expensive in Europe, you failed to mention the current rate of exchange. The American dollar doesn't go very far over there.
I just checked the exchange rate and it isn't so bad right now. Euro is 1.2 and the US is .8. I would say the dollar isn't doing so bad.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:12 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Larry434 informs us:

Quote:
I fully understand that the oil companies, over the entire history of the industrial age, has been among the top in profits, and a very good investment for stock and futures speculators.

Well, thank god you know something. But when you talk about gas being more expensive in Europe, you failed to mention the current rate of exchange. The American dollar doesn't go very far over there.

The rate of exchange is what makes the gas $5/gal? I don't think so. A European coming over here gets it for about 40% of the Euros he pays at home.

And that is not true of hotels and food and clothing.
0 Replies