Great picture from the VP debate/I'm cccrrrushing your head!

Baldimo

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 08:08 pm
kickycan wrote:
Baldimo, there is no serious debate allowed on the stupid funny pictures VP debate thread!!

I'm crrrrussshing your head!
I have one hand above my head and one below my chin, blocking your fingers from the squishing effect.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 08:12 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Rhamag

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 03:45 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Rhamag, Welcome to a2k.

Thank you, CI.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 06:24 am
Rhamag wrote:
Thank you for your welcome, joe. (May I call you joe?)

Please do. Everyone around here is pretty informal. Even the Germans.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:48 am
oooooohhhh
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:40 am
Quote:
In all fairness, I think Cheney won the debate. Edwards didn't answer a single question about himself (instead talked about Kerry and how great he was or even attacked the Bush admin) when asked, failed to follow instructions in a question (using Kerry's name twice) and interrupted Cheney when he was answering a question.

This isn't bias either because I thought Kerry won the first debate against Bush.

How can you win a debate on a back of lies?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:42 am
http://www.dreamwill.net/off_pix/headcrusher.jpg
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 11:24 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:
In all fairness, I think Cheney won the debate. Edwards didn't answer a single question about himself (instead talked about Kerry and how great he was or even attacked the Bush admin) when asked, failed to follow instructions in a question (using Kerry's name twice) and interrupted Cheney when he was answering a question.

This isn't bias either because I thought Kerry won the first debate against Bush.

How can you win a debate on a back of lies?

Please explain.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 11:28 am
Are you guys debating again? Dammit, what did I say? Dookiestix, you started it, now apologize to baldimo!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 11:31 am
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 12:01 pm
Please explain.

Quote:
What Cheney Said:

"The first time I ever met you was when you walked on the stage tonight."

The Actual Truth

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/blogphotos/Blog_Cheney_Edwards_Prayer_Breakfast.jpg

Cheney has met Edwards at least three times: at a prayer breakfast in 2001, at Elizabeth Dole's swearing-in ceremony in 2003, and backstage at Meet the Press.

Quote:
What Cheney Said

"Your hometown newspaper has taken to calling you Senator Gone."

The Actual Truth

Quote:
What Cheney Said

"The senator has got his facts wrong. I have not suggested there's a connection between Iraq and 9/11..."

The Actual Truth

Cheney knows perfectly well that he's been one of the administration's biggest boosters of alleged ties between Saddam Hussein and 9/11. In September 2003 Cheney said "[Iraq is] the geographical base of the terrorists who had us under assault for many years, but most especially on 9-11." What's more, he has suggested that Saddam Hussein was connected with 9/11 on numerous other occasions.

Quote:
What Cheney Said

"...the 90 percent figure is just dead wrong. When you include the Iraqi security forces that have suffered casualties, as well as the allies, they've taken almost 50 percent of the casualties in operations in Iraq."

The Actual Truth

Edwards wasn't "dead wrong." He was dead right. Iraq isn't part of the coalition, and as of Tuesday 1,061 American service members had been killed compared to 136 from non-U.S. coalition forces. That's 88% of all coalition casualties.

Quote:
John Edwards:

While he was CEO of Halliburton, they paid millions of dollars in fines for providing false information on their company, just like Enron and Ken Lay.

They did business with Libya and Iran, two sworn enemies of the United States.

They're now under investigation for having bribed foreign officials during that period of time.

Not only that, they've gotten a $7.5 billion no-bid contract in Iraq, and instead of part of their money being withheld, which is the way it's normally done, because they're under investigation, they've continued to get their money.

Dick Cheney:

They know the charges are false.

They know that if you go, for example, to factcheck.com [sic], an independent Web site sponsored by the University of Pennsylvania, you can get the specific details with respect to Halliburton.

The Actual Truth:

Cheney meant to refer to factcheck.org, but it doesn't really matter because they don't have anything that addresses Edwards' accusations anyway. In fact, Edwards' charges are all accurate.

(In a statement released after the debate, factcheck.org said, "In fact, we did post an article pointing out that Cheney hasn't profited personally while in office from Halliburton's Iraq contracts, as falsely implied by a Kerry TV ad. But Edwards was talking about Cheney's responsibility for earlier Halliburton troubles. And in fact, Edwards was mostly right.")

Quote:
What Cheney Said:

"The Kerry record on taxes is one basically of voting for a large number of tax increases -- 98 times in the United States Senate."

The Actual Truth

Quote:
What Cheney Said:

"A great many of our small businesses pay taxes under the personal income taxes rather than the corporate rate. And about 900,000 small businesses will be hit if you do, in fact, do what they want to do with the top bracket."

The Actual Truth

Cheney's assertion is taken from this report by the Tax Policy Center. However, the 900,000 number (actually 995,000) refers to individuals with any amount of business income, not to small businesses themselves. The correct number for actual businesses with employees is only 72,000. Needless to say, Dick Cheney knows this perfectly well.

(It's also worth pointing out that under Kerry's plan there are 17.2 million individuals with business income who would get tax cuts. On a net basis, therefore, 16.2 million individuals with business income would pay less tax under Kerry's plan. For small businesses, a net of 1.2 million would pay less tax under Kerry's plan.)

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2004_10/004860.php

This is just a small example of Cheney lies.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 12:05 pm
Cheney said he was up in the Senate most Tuesdays as President:

The truth is, he was only there TWICE. Cheney complained of Edwards poor attendance in the Senate, when in fact Edwards has an 86% voting record.

What part of ANY of these lies confuses you, Baldimo?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 12:12 pm
http://www.robrogers.com/gallery/old_favorites/images/best_95/0123695%20Crushing%20Head.gif

http://www.static3d.com/gaming/bf1942/images/crushhed.jpg

http://benjerry.middlebury.edu/~tkrember/HEADCRUSHER.jpg
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 12:24 pm
http://www.trivigo.com/bush.jpg

John Kerry, I'm CRUSHING YOUR HEAD!!!
0 Replies