This guy from the NY Times don't seem to be listening to Obama

layman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 08:59 pm
No, Trump, We Can’t Just Get Along

Quote:
Unrepentant opportunism belies a staggering lack of character and caring that can’t simply be vanquished from memory. You did real harm to this country and many of its citizens, and I will never — never — forget that.

As I read the transcript and then listened to the audio, the slime factor was overwhelming....I will say proudly and happily that I was not present at this meeting. The very idea of sitting across the table from a demagogue who preyed on racial, ethnic and religious hostilities and treating him with decorum and social grace fills me with disgust, to the point of overflowing....

You are a fraud and a charlatan. Yes, you will be president, but you will not get any breaks just because one branch of your forked tongue is silver. I am not easily duped by dopes.I have not only an ethical and professional duty to call out how obscene your very existence is at the top of American government; I have a moral obligation to do so....

So let me say this on Thanksgiving: I’m thankful to have this platform because as long as there are ink and pixels, you will be the focus of my withering gaze. I’m thankful that I have the endurance and can assume a posture that will never allow what you represent to ever be seen as everyday and ordinary....

No, Mr. Trump, we will not all just get along. For as long as a threat to the state is the head of state, all citizens of good faith and national fidelity — and certainly this columnist — have an absolute obligation to meet you and your agenda with resistance at every turn.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/23/opinion/no-trump-we-cant-just-get-along.html

Sounds just a tad bit bitter, doncha think? Is there any conflict here? Who should the cheese-eaters take their marching orders from now? Obama, who counselled acceptance and calm, or the Times, who has declared eternal, unremitting war?

Well, ya know, the Times has been here a long time, and will continue to be. On the other hand, Obama's time, it aint long. Purty obvious, aint it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,626 • Replies: 10
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 09:16 pm
@layman,
Not bitter at all! He's speaking from his observations about Trump that many of us also sees. Trump is a textbook racial bigot who discriminated against blacks, Muslims, and called Mexicans criminals and rapists.
The KKK and white supremacists love this guy for a reason, and it's all negative to people of good will and equality.
I'm going to be watching this bigot too, and so will many Americans who sees Trump for who he is, a white supremacist.
He also said he hated the fact that blacks were counting his money, and preferred Jews. I'm sure the majority of Jews are pissed at him too.

https://www.facebook.com/fighttrump/
layman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 05:03 am
"You did real harm to this country and many of its citizens, and I will never — never — forget that."

Trump hasn't spent a single day in power. I wonder what "real harm" he is talking about.

Maybe he hurt the precious "feelings" of some snowflake, somehow. That would be "real harm to this country," sho nuff.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 05:04 am
@cicerone imposter,
You're right it's not bitter... Your post and his statement is sour... As in sour grapes.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 05:41 am
"I will say proudly and happily that I was not present at this meeting."

PROUD, eh? You certainly get the impression that the head honchos at the NYT were virtually begging him to attend the meeting, but that he defiantly refused their earnest solicitations, eh?

Any chance he was never even invited to attend, ya think?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 06:22 am
This author seems to have anger issues. According to his own account, he almost killed a guy because he was trying to deny that he is bisexual. He says:

Quote:
“In addition to being attracted to women, I could also be attracted to men.... the fight against which I had allowed to consume and almost ruin my life. The attraction and my futile attempts to ‘fix it’ had cost me my dreams. The anguish, combined with a lifetime of watching hotheads brandishing cold steel, had put me within minutes of killing a man. . . .”

http://www.eurweb.com/2014/09/ny-times-charles-m-blow-writes-on-being-bisexual-in-new-book/#

Maybe not the most psychologically stable person at the Times, eh? Then, again, maybe he is.

His name, by the way, is Charles Blow.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 10:08 am
@layman,
Quote:
Obama's time, it aint long. Purty obvious, aint it?

No, it's not obvious. American history will always remember President Obama. Why think otherwise?

However, what is obvious is your lack of language skills and any formal educational background. Please return to school and divorce yourself from composing any more online posts.
layman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 12:35 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:
However, what is obvious is your lack of language skills and any formal educational background. Please return to school and divorce yourself from composing any more online posts.

Sho nuff, Boss, if you say so.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 09:29 am
It seems to me that the mainstream media is responsible for electing Donald Trump president. They are the ones after all who convinced everybody including the Hillary campaign that she was going to win which of course affected the way she campaigned especially in the last 2 months of the campaign.

Now that can be for one of two reasons. Either the mainstream media is a lot more stupid than anyone gives them credit for or they are a lot more Machiavellian then we thought.

After all the mainstream media was completely responsible for Donald Trump taking down 16 other Republican candidates and they gave him an unprecedented billions of free news coverage. Could it be they really didn't want Hillary to win? If they did why? Could it be that they've always known that Hillary is really not a Progressive and is more right of center especially when it comes to her proclivity at nation-building and entertaining the thought of going to war rather than not?

Could it be that deep down they think that Donald Trump is more aligned with the Democrats given his past statements?

Or maybe it was because the media, instead of reporting the news, instead sells the news and was driven by higher ratings and purposely engineered it to be a close race to keep those ratings coming and ultimately it backfired on them?

I wonder...
layman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 10:08 am
@giujohn,
I wonder who's playin who here. If Trump can keep inducing the Times to keep publishing articles by the Charles Blows of the world, he and his party are almost assured of maintaining power for a long time.

But, of course, this kinda presupposes that sensible Democrats are influenced by the likes of Blow. Are they? Or is "sensible Democrat" just an oxymoron?
giujohn

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 11:28 am
@layman,
Well... certainly moron.
0 Replies