Do short men have problems dating?

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:39 pm
..im wondering if its true that all short men suffer from short man syndrome?

~can't find as many dates as taller men would
~less sex (hands not included lol)
~jealous tendencies towards the person they actually date
~insecure
~sensitive
~doesn't speak his mind
~cockiness

second question

how many women would actually date a short man?..im talking 5'4 tops.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,735 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:44 pm
Seeing I am very petite, I have dated both short men as short as 5' 4" and men as tall as 6' 4". I really did not find any difference in personalities. I did feel rather odd when I wore heels and was about as tall as the 5'4" guy. And dancing with some one over a foot taller than you was also awkward. Besides that I really did not find much difference between short men and tall men.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:48 pm
I'm 5'8" tall when I stand up straight...and I've never had any trouble whatsoever getting dates.

Your thesis is flawed...and a bit insulting towards people who have absolutely no control over their height.
0 Replies

LostGirl

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:48 pm
same here.... wearing the heals with a 5'4 man did make it seem wierd being at eye level. With the tallest i've dated...i found it hard to hear him.lol

but personality wise..i found the short men i've dated to be more clingy, jealous, 'act tough' attitude, and have brealy dated.

do other women find it strange to date a short man vs tall.
and men...who are 'short' (sorry for saying that) but do find it hard to find women to accept your height?
0 Replies

LostGirl

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:50 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
I'm 5'8" tall when I stand up straight...and I've never had any trouble whatsoever getting dates.

Your thesis is flawed...and a bit insulting towards people who have absolutely no control over their height.

sorry i didn't mean it that way at all. i recently dated someone who was a mear 2inches taller than me standing at 5'4(him)

you at 5'8 is what im used to.

that's the reason - no control over their height could this cause insecurities. something they can fix as women could with breast enlargements. -as an example.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:57 pm
A good friend of mine is married to a man she is a couple of inches taller than. They have no issues. If you care about some one you just get used to it and it is no big deal.
0 Replies

CannibalCrowley

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 04:19 pm
Wow, someone who subscribes to stereotypes. I thought we were supposed to be in an age where such insults were a thing of the past. I guess it's too much to ask for to judge people by their actions and not their appearance.

I'm only 5'4" and I don't have a problem getting dates. Some of the women I've dated have been much taller than me (6'2" was the tallest) and they didn't seem to have a problem with the height difference.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 04:43 pm
I'm 5'4" and dated a guy who was my height exactly. What a cutie. It felt strange but being the same height was physically very comfortable.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 05:45 pm
There are plently of short men in Hawaii. I've dated many who were 5'6", my height; married one, in fact. Laughing I haven't found them to be overly plagued by:

~can't find as many dates as taller men would
~less sex (hands not included lol)
~jealous tendencies towards the person they actually date
~insecure
~sensitive
~doesn't speak his mind
~cockiness

Although they usually do own a pair of shoes with lifts in them... Confused My oldest son is only 5"8" and conscious of his height, but not challenged by it, really. He just pulled the stocky japanese gene on his father's side and the stocky prussian gene on my side... He has a few friends who never grew past 5'4" and they tend to date short women, which there are plenty of here... I have noticed that many of them go work out in the gyms and lifts incredibly heavy weights... perhaps as some sort of compensation for lack of stature? Perhaps to increase their bearing? They walk with confidence and power that many people less fit don't possess.
0 Replies

LostGirl

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 07:44 am
i have no issues with dating men who are a mere 2 inches taller than me...im trying to figure out if they all suffer from short man syndrome....it would explain the situation im in at the moment. Sad
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:05 am
LostGirl wrote:
i have no issues with dating men who are a mere 2 inches taller than me...im trying to figure out if they all suffer from short man syndrome....it would explain the situation im in at the moment. Sad

So what is that situation, exactly?
0 Replies

CannibalCrowley

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 11:43 am
LostGirl wrote:

The simple and rather obvious answer is no. It's like asking if all blacks are gangbangers or if all Christians blow up abortion clinics.

His behavior is poor, yet you still like him. In order to compensate, I believe that you're trying to blame anyone but him. You're likely attempting to blame it on his height so that you can write it off as not being his fault, just something that nature has thrust upon him.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 11:46 am
I'm only 5"7" I've dated girls as tall as 6'5" in my life...never a problem......
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 01:36 am
I am also 5'7'' and I havent dated a girl for the past 15 yrs Sad
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:55 am
all blacks are gangbangers?

and i thought they were african-american now?...
0 Replies

sugargirl555

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 12:10 am
Well, im in LOVE with a guy whose not really that tall! im about as tall as him.. well its not really love.. because he doesnt know.. more of an obsession...hehe.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 01:43 am
I have to say, I think short is in the mind.

My long time mentor as a landscape architect is a japanese man who was my first teacher re elements of design. I can't tell you how short he is - the thing is, this all doesn't matter. This friend of mine has presence and even suave' re american or european points of view spoken from whatever biological height. He was my teacher-mentor. And so was MK, for more years.

He wasn't tall either. Sharp re design.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 01:59 am
Oh, and then there was MC, my first and true love, as they say, but in this case I mean it, at least I'd like to talk to him now.

I think he attained max 5' 4" or 5", when I knew him. I wish I stiill knew him, as aside from lover I admired him a lot. He was a mountain climber, climbed serious rocks and mountains with serious people. Got incredible grades in chemistry classes. Got a doctorate in English, to my view - while he was resting. One damn bright guy.

One of my key lovers ever. Long time ago. And he was short.
0 Replies