He is still talking to a girl he tried to cheat with..?

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 12:30 am
MY bf sent messages to a girl when I wasn't with him about a month ago. He got fidgety whenever I would hold his phone and started acting very strange and I got suspicious so I checked his phone. He had messages to a girl he traded nudes with before we met that were VERY flirtatious. He asked her "tell me what you want me to do to you and how to do it" and also told her that he looked at her old pictures every once in awhile. We are working through it and I trusted him when he said it was over and he made a huge mistake. I was on his Facebook just checking in because my trust in him has not come back yet and I'm well aware that not having trust is not appropriate in a relationship but please no judgement on that part. When I was on his Facebook I saw that he sent the same girl a message and asked her why she only messages him when she's drunk. She said she was sorry and he said Cheers and that was that.
I am very hurt that he messaged her again but he is asleep right now with a headache so that gives me some time to think. Am I overreacting? MY gut says I'm not but I just want some advice here.

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 627 • Replies: 2
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 07:42 am
@fortmacchick,
Quote:
I trusted him when he said it was over and he made a huge mistake.
No, you did not trust him or you would not have been checking out his FB messages. (Not judging you here, simply stating a fact.)

Quote:
Am I overreacting?
That depends. If I were your boyfriend and I claimed that I loved you, then all it would take from you would be ask me not to contact this girl because of the past stuff that went on, and I would not do so. It does not sound as though he had much of a relationship with her, other than the trading of nude pics, unless there was more to it than you are saying. So in my opinion, it should be easy for him to stop contact with her. (I assume they were not really close friends for years, or some such thing.) Since he seems to have chosen not to break contact with her, then you are certainly justified to question whether this guy cares enough about you to have a long term relationship with him. Or maybe you just need to sit him down again and let him know in no uncertain terms that his continuing to contact this particular woman is going to be a major problem and he needs to choose between contacting her and you.

Good luck to you.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 07:55 am
@fortmacchick,
It doesn't matter whether or not we think you are over-reacting.

You don't trust your boyfriend and you need to talk to him about that.

You need to tell him that you know he's still in touch with the other woman/girl (hopefully not a girl if there are nudes being exchanged as that could be illegal). Ask him what he is going to do to regain your trust.

Don't tell him what you need/want him to do - ask him what he is going to do.

And talk ... always continue to talk.
0 Replies