I think I'm falling for my boss ?

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 05:06 pm
I just started my new job, it's taking care of dogs in a doggie daycare. It's a super laid back job and everyone is really nice. Its like a huge family. When I came in for my interview I met D (my manager) and a couple of people who worked there. I was instantly attractived to him. lol he seemed to kinda flirt with me but it seemed like his personality. I've thought about him all week, and today we worked together all day and it was an amazing day. Now my question is I want to try and build a better friendship with him, I know he has a Facebook is it weird if I add him? also he texted me to send me his number and he just said his name. Should I reply? What should I say that doesn't come off as me being weird. I just don't know how to start the conversation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 785 • Replies: 6
No top replies

TheGoodGirl

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 06:13 pm
@Kmcclure123,
You mentioned that when you came in for your interview you were attracted to your soon-to-be boss. That is a red flag right there and in my opinion you shouldn't have taken the job. However, what's done is done, and now you have to work for this man, so my advice is to keep it professional. He is your boss, not your friend, so don't get friendly with him and do not add him to Facebook. The only reply to the text should be a simple "thank you".

I would only interact with him at work when you have to and not find every reason under the son to talk to him. If you feel that the attraction is too strong, then the responsible thing to do is find another job. Good luck to you!
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 06:21 pm
@TheGoodGirl,
GoodGirl is right. This can only end badly. Best avoid it.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 10:57 pm
He sent you his number because he is your boss.

It's almost certain he is just being friendly to you as you are his employee.

Besides you don't mention his age, if it's similar to your age, marital status, etc etc.

Not that it matters. You're there to work.
0 Replies

gorff

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 05:36 pm
@Kmcclure123,
Yeah this is all off. You cant help that you were attracted to him, but you want a friendship to get deeper cause its not friends you are after with him and you know it. Workplace stuff like this with employees.. thats one thing, not usually a good thing for all the reasons you probably already know. But a guy who is your superior there... even worse. I mean it. Really think this through and put aside the romantic fantasies you have going on. Hes flirting and getting your attention. He got it. Now its up to you to clear your mind and look at the big picture. I think you will know what to do, unless you dont plan on working there very long
0 Replies

andrewsrshelia

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 03:42 am
@Kmcclure123,
Yes, I also agree with @Goodgirl. he is your boss. just stop that type of thinking and concentration on your work and have a nice future.
thank you

All the best...
bonobology

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2016 09:49 am
@andrewsrshelia,
You said that you are attracted toward him means you had something in your mind that couldn't control you. And I agree with @Goodgirl. She said right. Get rid of those bad thoughts and focus on your work; within few days you will be distracted. Love your job not your boss.
0 Replies