Ex deleted me...stings a lot more than I thought it would...

LJ16

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 09:54 am

I just turned 22 and don't have a ton of experience so bear with me here lol.

So my ex and I broke up a few months ago. We’ve officially been no contact for a month now. A month ago he reached out to me and we talked like old times. So after that I waited over a week to reach out to him and he just completely ignored me. We haven’t talked since. I made sure to block his texts and phone calls. For those of you who don’t have Snapchat you post something, it appears on your timeline as a thumbnail, people view it, and it shows you who has viewed your snaps.

Ok so on Snapchat I never looked at his snaps during our break up. He other hand did a lot, but eventually that came to a stop. The last time he looked was the last time he made contact. I saw that he posted something the day before Halloween (didn’t open it and look though). The next day was my friend’s birthday and I went out and posted things, then I was out with my friends the next day and posted things for Halloween (us out and dressed up), and then lastly on Sunday for my friend’s birthday lunch. After that I hadn’t posted anything for another 3 or 4 days (just the pretty foliage of that day). A lot of people post every day so I really don’t snap a lot and neither does he. Funny thing is he didn't delete my friend. She hadn't used it in a while so I just chalked it up to him forgetting she was on there...

Last week something told me to just go check. Lo and behold he deleted me, so he clearly did it between within that week time frame that I just mentioned above. He didn't delete my friend though. Although she hasn't used Snapchat in a few months so I just chalked it up to him forgetting about her...

I've been going out and trying to keep my mind off things and I know it’s social media but him deleting me stung A LOT. Like he just doesn’t care or that I annoy him. I don’t know how to explain it. I’m also just confused because I never looked at his stuff.

I don’t know I guess this is just my first time going through this (an ex shutting me out completely when nothing happened). We didn’t even break up because of a lack of feelings or because it just wasn’t working per se. I put my foot in my mouth and said something stupid and backed off for a while. Then in turn he backed off and it just became this stupid stand off to not say anything and that’s pretty much how we got here. So because nothing really happened so I’m just having a difficult time wrapping my mind around him trying to get rid of me completely.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 637 • Replies: 1
No top replies

dannmann1992

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:08 am
@LJ16,
I always tell friends when they're breaking up with their SO to delete them from all social media. Why? Because it just hurts more in the long run. With that said I'm sure seeing you out and about, enjoying your life, getting over the breakup seemingly well is painful for him to see. He needs to remove that source of the pain.

Let's turn the tables here. Why did you block his phone calls and messages? So that you wouldn't be tempted right? It pained you to think about having no contact so if you eliminated any chances of hearing from him you didn't have to think about the 'what if's'. All of this applies to him as well. In a weird twisted way he still cares about you. If he was just doing a social media clean up of people he doesn't talk to anymore he would've deleted your friends as well.

By the way just because he did this doesn't mean he doesn't care for you and it doesn't mean he wants you out of his life for good. He just needs time to heal. Who knows he might have tried to contact you but because you blocked him he gave up and deleted you. May be he needs to really focus on his studies or work and you're just causing him pain so he needs to remove the distraction. Who knows.

I might be a sucker for love haha but as long as you were a good gf and especially since you all didn't end on a bad note and nothing really happened for you to breakup you'll more than likely hear from him again. Don't wait on him. Still continue to live your life, go NC, go out, etc.
0 Replies