Hillary Can Still Be President

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 09:20 am
The Electoral College will not cast their votes until December 19. The electors alone decide who to vote for. 26 states require their electors to cast votes based on how that states population voted, 24 do not. Even those states that require it only impose a small fine on "faithless electors". This system has been in place since 1804.
There is a petition going on Change.org to ask the electoral college to cast their votes for Hillary Clinton instead of Donald Trump. The reasoning is that Donald Trump is unfit for the office and that Hillary won the popular vote. There's no guarantee that any of them will change their vote, but if there are enough signatures, some of the electors might. It's worth a try and won't cost you a cent. Go to the website and sign it, then tell your friends!

mark noble

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 09:27 am
@TomTomBinks,
Yes, Tom.
But it would cause a civil war and exclusion from global futures.

Watch infowars ffs, get a proper view of the event.

Trump was ALWAYS going to win!

You just is watching da wrong news, dude.

You a Crowley (Clinton), byrd, podeska fan, Tom?
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 09:37 am
@mark noble,
Welcome back from exile, Mark. I took a little break as well. I'm not a Clinton fan nor have I ever been. This election was about choosing the lesser of two evils. I would rather see "business as usual" corruption in Washington than the kind of chaos that Donald Trump will bring.
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 09:39 am
@TomTomBinks,
Believe me, I would have preferred Jeb Bush or John Kasich or even Marco Rubio, but alas, we got the Donald instead.
mark noble

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 09:43 am
@TomTomBinks,
Most of the material world is uncomfortable with 'business as usual, same old, labour enslavement for life' - paradigm, Tom.

What unnerves you, specifically ?
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 09:50 am
@TomTomBinks,
I've ripped every aspect of Trump's persona to shreds, his empire, family, associates, business dealings, etc.
He's a good bloke - America and extensions thereof now have a chance.
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 12:45 pm
@mark noble,
I guess it's his volatility, his unpredictability. His willingness to let anger guide his words and the thoughtless and ruthless way he goes about his business. We need a sober, thoughtful president. One who carefully weighs consequences before taking action. One who uses the knowledge of experts to make decisions. We don't need a cowboy or a clown.
Krumple

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 01:55 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

I guess it's his volatility, his unpredictability. His willingness to let anger guide his words and the thoughtless and ruthless way he goes about his business. We need a sober, thoughtful president. One who carefully weighs consequences before taking action. One who uses the knowledge of experts to make decisions. We don't need a cowboy or a clown.

You are so right! We need an alcoholic who only gets pissed behind closed doors before she bashes and spits out racial words. We need a president that has a shady past of bizarre deaths surround testimony. We need a president who will make bad choices where americans will die and she will blame it on youtube. We need a president who was well aware she was doing something against policy but carried it out anyway. We need a president who pretends to be for the people only when its politically convenient.

But Trump would be so much worse?
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 11:25 pm
@Krumple,
I don't know what to say... if that's what you believe then don't sign the petition.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 11:38 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Tom, this petition is silly. It delegitimizes the democratic process.

The American people already elected Trump.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 10:06 am
@Kolyo,
It may be silly and hopeless. But I believe that this is what our founding fathers had in mind when they created the Electoral College. It's a safeguard against an unstable person winning the presidential election. I realize that the electors probably won't become "faithless electors", but why not ask?
Kolyo

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 11:46 am
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

I realize that the electors probably won't become "faithless electors", but why not ask?

Because in four years, if Trump’s opponent beats him as he has beaten Clinton, InfoWars will have a petition asking for the same thing. And electors will start becoming faithless for narrow-minded political gain.

Trump was maligned this election for saying he might not accept the results. Are we better than that?
Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 12:51 pm
@Kolyo,
Agreed. The way things work with the EC is silly and we should avocate its change but rules can't retroactively be changed to play kingmaker in an election.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 02:15 pm
@Kolyo,
The electors in each party are chosen by the party. They are staunch party supporters. I was hoping that an appeal to their conscience could overcome party loyalty.
Krumple

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 02:31 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

The electors in each party are chosen by the party. They are staunch party supporters. I was hoping that an appeal to their conscience could overcome party loyalty.

Oh so Trump can get more votes you mean?
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 02:34 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
overcome party loyalty

Try a little harder to follow along!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 07:53 am
What kind of access do the Clintons have to the EC members? Am I correct that some of them are not bound by their state's vote?
nimh

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 08:53 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

The electors in each party are chosen by the party. They are staunch party supporters.

Well, not all of them. There's a delegate from Washington state who's supposed to cast a vote for the Democrat but was vowing, at least before the election, that he would not vote for Hillary. Native American fellow. First he said he might not, then he said he might but didn't know yet, then he said he would definitely not. There was another delegate from Washington state saying he wasn't sure whether he would vote Hillary, even though he was supposed to, as well. Was causing Democrats a little heartburn. All irrelevant now of course.
nimh

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 08:54 pm
@nimh,
More about "faithless electors" here:

How ‘faithless electors’ are messing with our electoral maps, explained
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 08:28 am
Movement of EC electors against Trump.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/305920-two-presidential-electors-to-colleagues-dump-trump

I thought so. Anybody seen the Clintons recently...?
0 Replies