The Bears Celebrate...

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 04:05 pm
Happy Anniversary, Bear and Squinney.

I am at a loss for words and must now depart.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 04:09 pm
My my!!!! Well, congratulations, most sincere and heartfelt - may the day be great, and the next sixteen better.

Do? Hmmmmmmm - skydive together?????
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:46 am
If the bear plans to dive in cold weather, don't forget the muff.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:52 am
I understood that.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:09 am
cavfancier wrote:
If the bear plans to dive in cold weather, don't forget the muff.

can't dive at all without the muff.....
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:59 am
Cav!!! (my, my!)

The weathers fine. No need to worry about Bear. Just look at his avatar.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:39 am
squinney, if I were closer to your home town, I would just suggest that bear hire me to do an intimate dinner for two. I always leave discreetly as long as I've been paid.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 07:29 am
cavfancier wrote:
squinney, if I were closer to your home town, I would just suggest that bear hire me to do an intimate dinner for two. I always leave discreetly as long as I've been paid.

how much extra to stay and run the video and do still shots and stuff?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 07:31 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
cavfancier wrote:

how much extra to stay and run the video and do still shots and stuff?

I can find a guy if you need....I just cook. Whatever deal you work out with him is your business, as he would officially be an independent contractor.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 07:35 am
that's okay...squinney's sister will do it....again.....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 07:48 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
that's okay...squinney's sister will do it....again.....

Sounds good. How do I get the publishing rights? Inquiring minds want to know.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 07:54 am
I'll take care of it...just send me your credit card numbers....all of them....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:09 am
No problemo. I only have one, and the account is being written off. As soon as you pay it, you'll get yer money.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 11:30 am
I just wanted to chime in and wish you both an enjoyable 16th anniversary. Have a good one.

And I know this may be late since I am writing this on the 6th, but I vote for taking her out to a nice dinner and then to a nice local hotel for a romantic interlude. Without the kids.....(just in case you thought otherwise)

And if you really want to impress, pack her overnight bag for her and don't tell her in advance about the hotel. Just go there after dinner. I did that one year and my wife was sooooo impressed. But that's another story.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 11:31 am
Oh, and if I am too late with this suggestion, it will work equally well for your 17th, so you have my permission to tuck it away for next year.

Again, congrats on your 16th.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 03:19 pm
Coastal! What a great idea!

(I mean, that would be nice. But, I certainly wouldn't expect anything like that. Afterall, dinner would be enough, really. I mean, I would be just as happy... )
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 03:36 pm
Actually, so far it hasn't gone as planned.

About 10:00 a.m. daughter cub called from school not feeling well so had to pick her up.

Went to a nice steak lunch. At the end, our waiter apologized for having "been in the weeds." He was young, said they had been surprisingly busy and hadn't expected so many for lunch since Monday and Tuesday had been WAY slow.

I told him it was probably that after the debate last night people were more hopeful and energised, ready for change and came out to celebrate the Kerry Edwards win, which was why we were there.

He said "Maybe. You might be right."

Bear said, "Actually it's our 16th anniversary. We are celebrating the best 16 years of her life."

Waiter boy said "Well, I suppose that might be true. It probably beats not having those 16 years."

Shocked Well, yeah, I suppose 16 years of marriage is better than death!
Bear and I started laughing, and I don't think waiter boy ever realized he had made a funny.

Get home and have the boy cub run in with Dad that Bear posted on another thread.

Bear has taken his full belly up to bed. Little cub DID vacuum eventually, so I have nothing to do... Maybe I'll start planning our 17th.

BTW, thanks everyone for the well wishes. It really has been a good 16 years, or at least they've been better than death! Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 05:33 pm
I'm back downstair and I am at squinney's command...which will probably be to go back to bed....
0 Replies