Please Listen

Krumple

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 12:55 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Now you are getting mean, Bro. Just because I don't love God doesn't mean that I "can't love".

There are people in my life that I love. God just isn't one of them.

God didn't treat me well. So when I realized I would be happier without him, I left. This is no reason for you (or God) to get nasty. This is the way that many relationships end. I have moved on. Hopefully God has too.

This is a great example of the psychological impact the theology places a person into that is unhealthy. Not to use your explanation to make this point because I am familiar with this same experience but I really cant imagine a (god) would make such a poker game out of your existence where the stakes for losing your hand is endless torment.

If you had a "friend" who constantly reminded you that he has a place in mind for you if you bail on the relationship. It doesnt sit well for a mutual friendship. Its more like befriending a hitman for the mafia. End the friendship or make him upset and youll regret it.

You cant really get any worse for a theological premise than a threat.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 01:16 pm
@maxdancona,
What I mean is you don't know what love is, God is love. What you think is love is not love. What you think is love is coveting or lust. Not true love. It is sad to think about someone who waisted their whole life and NEVER knew what love is.

I Jn 2:15-17
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world-- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-- is not of the Father but is of the world.
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
(NKJ)

maxdancona

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 01:21 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
What I mean is you don't know what love is, God is love. What you think is love is not love. What you think is love is coveting or lust.

Love is when you care about someone so much that you put their needs and desires above your own. There are several people with whom I have this this relationship.

God threatens people he says he loves with eternal torture because he can not stand that they don't submit to him. I would never treat my children this way, would you?

maxdancona

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 01:50 pm
@maxdancona,
I do a far better job at loving my children than God does.
Krumple

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 04:50 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I do a far better job at loving my children than God does.

Ive made this annology before but it should be repeated here.

If god allows the devil reign over earth, its not loving or a good idea.

It would be like if you had a daycare full of children and decided to hire an eight time child molestation offender to watch the children unsupervised. How could you possibly think this is a loving or rational idea?

God leaving the devil with the reign over the earth is NOT a loving move. If you actually cared or loved humanity you wouldnt subject them to such danger.

So why do so many christians keep pushing this idea that the devil is granted reign over the earth?

Its simple, its the only way they can rationalize why there is so much evil in the world. You cant blame god for evil, so you blame someone else.

However; the bible doesnt support their premise. God is even quoted saying he is the bringer of all that is good and "all that is evil".

So god IS responsible for evil. But I dont take any of it serious. To me the world IS evil because there IS no god to begin with.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 08:48 am
@Krumple,
I think the problem with many believers view on Satan's reign on earth is in thinking he has more influence than what God limited himself to. I think it is a level playing field where we are free to listen to either influence and chose.

If it appears that 'evil reigns', it is because more people chose or are deluded into following the wrong course, not because Satan has the upper hand.

I don't ever try to 'prove' any spiritual reality by referring to bible verses (unless by mutual consent) but the Bible does support this view.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 03:15 pm
I feel so sorry for you three. The ignorance is almost over whelming.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 06:16 am
@Squeakybro,
We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

Get a grip squeaky
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2016 01:41 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

I feel so sorry for you three. The ignorance is almost over whelming.

I love the condesending arrogance as if you are certain you are righteous over everyone else just because you follow some unfounded theology that has brainwashed you into thinking you have truth. Its very... christian of you.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 10:37 am
@Krumple,
I follow the Holy Spirit. The only guarantee in the whole bible.

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

0 Replies