Predict the electoral vote result

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 05:03 pm
Re: Predict the electoral vote result
joefromchicago wrote:
Here are my predictions:

Swing states - 26 states (271 electoral votes)
AZ(10) Bush-10
AR(6) Bush-6
CO(9) Bush-9
CT(7) Kerry-7
DE(3) Kerry-3
FL(27) Kerry-27
IA(7) Kerry-7
LA(9) Bush-9
ME(4)* Kerry-4
MD(10) Kerry-10
MI(17) Kerry-17
MN(10) Kerry-10
MO(11) Bush-11
NC(15) Bush-15
NV(5) Bush-5
NH(4) Kerry-4
NJ(15) Kerry-15
NM(5) Kerry-5
OH(20) Bush-20
OR(7) Kerry-7
PA(21) Kerry-21
TN(11) Bush-11
VA(13) Bush-13
WA(11) Kerry-11
WV(5) Bush-5
WI(10) Bush-10

TOTAL
SWING
Bush - 124
Kerry - 148

ELECTORAL VOTE TOTAL
Bush -257
Kerry -281

Not unreasonable

We disagree on

Florida (surprise surprise)
Maine (There's a state referendum on the ballot that is going to bring hunters out in droves)
New Mexico

Bush - 293
Kerry - 245

I think it will come down to Florida and Ohio, but Bush will win them both.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 05:16 pm
I would not put too much faith in any poll results from Florida at the moment. That state has been in such disarray from the four major hurricanes it has suffered over the past two months that any polling results are suspect.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 11:34 pm
princesspupule wrote:
Joe, OT, and I apologise for asking you something OT, but in the thread, "I'm Wrong I'm Mistaken I Don't Care I Don't Apologize," I'm looking for a maxim they teach fellows like you in law school, and with your memory for trivia and detail, I know you know what maxim I am trying to quote." A very fine lawyer friend of mine once gave me a piece of advice on how to debate, and it was about how you press your point when you know you are right, minimize your mistakes, and pound your fist when you are caught being wrong... Or something along those lines... I was trying to suggest that Bush's handlers gave him that same maxim to follow given his behavior during his second debate... :wink:

Thanks a bunch, if you can read my mind and figure out what maxim I am trying to quote. I know you know it. Wink

"When the law is against you, argue the facts. When the facts are against you, argue the law. And when the law AND the facts are against you, pound the table."

That always works for me.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:24 pm
Colorado's "Amendment 36 would help third parties, politicos say", the Rocky Mountain News reports. That would be a good thing in my book, but opponents of the amendment (united in the brilliantly named Coloradans Against a Really Stupid Idea) use it as an argument against the amendment: it would "empower the third-party wackadoos."
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 09:46 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
princesspupule wrote:
Joe, OT, and I apologise for asking you something OT, but in the thread, "I'm Wrong I'm Mistaken I Don't Care I Don't Apologize," I'm looking for a maxim they teach fellows like you in law school, and with your memory for trivia and detail, I know you know what maxim I am trying to quote." A very fine lawyer friend of mine once gave me a piece of advice on how to debate, and it was about how you press your point when you know you are right, minimize your mistakes, and pound your fist when you are caught being wrong... Or something along those lines... I was trying to suggest that Bush's handlers gave him that same maxim to follow given his behavior during his second debate... :wink:

Thanks a bunch, if you can read my mind and figure out what maxim I am trying to quote. I know you know it. Wink

"When the law is against you, argue the facts. When the facts are against you, argue the law. And when the law AND the facts are against you, pound the table."

That always works for me.

God bless you, my man! Mahalo nui loa! You are truly marvelous, simply maaaaa-velous! <x>
0 Replies