What kind and how many animals do you presently have?

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:04 pm
...that actually live in your home (not parents). Wink

I love talking about pets (except snakes).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/chr1stiangal/collage4.jpg

edit: had to add the new addition: http://img183.exs.cx/img183/9962/y9pe.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 11,719 • Replies: 126
No top replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:19 pm
Not very exciting, but I have 5 tropical fish (neon tetra, leopard danio, sucking loach and 2 albino catfish, if anyone's interested!). I'd love a dog (an maybe a cat) but I'm in a rented house and we're not allowed!

What breed of dog is that, J?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:22 pm
Oh Grand Duke, I can't get a place no matter the price if they allowed no pets, and that can be a hard task. *hugs*

Fish are relaxing to look at. We have ...I think they're called seamonkey's.

My dog is a Maltese. Smile
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:02 pm
Unfortunately, there's hardly any places to rent in the UK where they let you keep cats or dogs. Fish, hamsters or canaries is about the limit! I must admit I was not aware of the Maltese breed. Looks a bit like a West Highland Terrier, but with a short coat. I'd probably get either a border collie or a labrador, if I could!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:08 pm
Very good comparison. They do look a lot alike, except the Westie's are a lot heavier and built with more muscle. You can play rougher with a Westie. Smile

I saw that they (westie) were ranked as one of the top owned dogs in the U.K. along with the cavalier and 1 or 2 others. Westie's tend to snap more with young children (who do not know how to handle them correctly), so that's why I chose a Maltese.

Maltese usually have hair all the way down to their feet much like the dogs I said I wanted on the thread below (old english sheep dog, bearded collie, havanese, etc). It's just not practical to take care of though right now, so I clip her hair.

Grand Duke, are you married? Just wondering if you plan on maybe moving to a house or something in the future where you can have your lab. Smile
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:22 pm
I'm currently a Duke without a Duchess! I rent a house with 3 friends for several reasons - money, company and convenience. In a few years time I should be able to afford to buy a place, and then I'll get a dog. if I had room (and also after some research) I'd look into getting a bigger dog, like a German Shepherd. They are clever, loyal, and fierce-looking, which are are all good qualities IMO. Co-incidently, I have a dislike of Westies, since I was bitten by one a few years ago. I've still got a perfect double ring of teeth marks on my shin!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:28 pm
That's a very good question, Joaheayo. I have so many I have lost count. Let me just take a peek out the window and- oh... here comes one of them now...

http://www2.sd43.bc.ca/moodymiddle/studentwebpages/Gr_67_t1/3/KimW/COOLLORIS.jpg
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:30 pm
Your Maltese is adorable. I had to keep looking to see if you had taken pics of a stuffed animal!

We currently have one beagle. As discussed on a thread a couple of weeks ago, she got "got" by a springer spanial so I imagine in about 7 more weeks we will have one beagle and several speagles.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:32 pm
Gus - !!! (any pics of the capybaras?)

Squinney - thats bad luck. You hadn't had chance to have her "done" before that dirty little sod got his paws on her, then?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:33 pm
I'll take one of those beagles when they're born, squinney.

A beagle and cheese sandwich on rye is a culinary delight.

Can't wait.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:39 pm
Grand Duke wrote:

Gus - !!! (any pics of the capybaras?)

Here's a recent photo of some of my 'baras down by the swamp. I'm sorry the picture quality isn't a bit better but I was drinking quite heavily when I took it.

http://www.rebsig.com/capybara/lago1.jpg
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:42 pm
squinney, I bet they will be extremely cute, as many mutts are.

Have you already begun looking for owners?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:42 pm
I'm a real animal lover, so I'm looking forward to the whole process, not to mention the lesson for the kids.

Since the kids started getting pets, we've had dogs, guinea pigs, a black snake, and at one time youngest cub had crabs... No comments, please! Laughing

I only liked the dogs and guinea pigs.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:44 pm
Gus, is that really a pic near your home? That's beautiful.

I don't know much about you except a2k likes to always put the blame on you as if you were Anthony Hopkins in Hannibal (in a joking way of course).
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:47 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Here's a recent photo of some of my 'baras down by the swamp. I'm sorry the picture quality isn't a bit better but I was drinking quite heavily when I took it.

Ahhh. Aren't they cute?!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:26 pm
Guslaveinabottle

Are you really a capybara farmer? And if so what do you do with them?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:51 pm
paulaj wrote:
Guslaveinabottle

Are you really a capybara farmer? And if so what do you do with them?

I suspect he makes fur coats :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:54 pm
4 cats
a parrot
a rabbit
and a male beta fish.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:59 pm
I presently have one cat.http://www.dotphoto.com/SAN1/43/AF/FC/i43AFFC8A-BDD3-4D98-B26E-FD64166D9F06.jpg
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 07:07 pm
Colorb

That's a beautiful picture.
0 Replies