The Flip-Flopper, George W. Bush

kickycan

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 07:39 pm
What it comes down to, I think, is how you feel we should fight against anti-U.S. terrorists.

If both of them are politicians, er, I mean flip-floppers, which they are, then they are equally suspect in my mind, as to what they will do in the next few years. Since that is the case, then we have only what they've done since 9/11, to look at.

I don't know much about what Kerry has done in the past few years that directly relates to the war on terrorism, except that his votes supported the Patriot Act, and giving the president the green light to use force in Iraq. That's his big misjudgment, in my opinion. But how could he know how badly the administration would f*ck that up?

Bush, on the other hand, rushed to war with Iraq, diverting us from our objective, which should have been to go after and destroy Al Quaeda.

He also had no exit strategy, or plan at all for what we would do once we got there.

As a result of the diversion of troops to Iraq for fantasy weapons of mass destruction, Afghanistan has had elections postponed over and over again, and is still not stable by any stretch of the imagination.

He doesn't seem to see a difference between Iraq and Al Quaeda.

He presided over the administration that brought us Abu Ghraib.

He has publicly made a show of his lack of sophistication by words and by actions, lessening our credibility in the world.

There's more, but I guess these are reason enough not to have much confidence in this guy.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 09:52 pm
kicky, I agree with your assessments. I wonder why we're in the minority?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 10:22 pm
I don't know...I bet Finn has an idea or two on that though.
0 Replies

bellavu

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 10:54 pm
Kickycan: You are right on the money. Also, don't you think the whole administration has done a good job blinding us to other important issues at hand. Do we no longer worry about our future? What happened to no child left behind? In my state there have been so many budget cuts, to the people who really need it. Chidren and handicapped are getting the short end of the stick. As well as working class people, everyone I know is doing bad. And its not because they dont work hard. There are so many people out there working 2 jobs just to survive. I'm sorry but Bush has proven nothing beneficial can come from him being in office. Somebody please tell me how bush has accomplished something other than war. Because I believe war can, and should be avoided.I agree Bush rushed into this war. I believe more planning should have been put into it. That is what Kerry disagreed with, his planning, and his rash decisions. Bush doesn't want to go rushing into Sudan. With the invisible W.M.D. and no plausible link to 9/11, what is the agenda here? Any Bush supporters want to help me with that one? I was a swing voter, but know one can give me a good reason to vote Bush. Excluding trashing Kerry as a reason enough.
0 Replies