The Flip-Flopper, George W. Bush

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 03:00 pm
I am so sick of these bullshit attacks on Kerry's flip-flopping from the wacko right, as if their beloved incompetent in charge never changed his mind on anything. So I've decided to post this. Go to the link at the bottom to see ALL THIRTY examples of Bush's flip-flops.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

President Bush: Flip-Flopper-In-Chief

September 2, 2004, Updated
Download Poster

From the beginning, George W. Bush has made his own credibility a central issue. On 10/11/00, then-Gov. Bush said: "I think credibility is important.It is going to be important for the president to be credible with Congress, important for the president to be credible with foreign nations." But President Bush's serial flip-flopping raises serious questions about whether Congress and foreign leaders can rely on what he says.

1. Social Security Surplus

BUSH PLEDGES NOT TO TOUCH SOCIAL SECURITY SURPLUS... "We're going to keep the promise of Social Security and keep the government from raiding the Social Security surplus." [President Bush, 3/3/01]

...BUSH SPENDS SOCIAL SECURITY SURPLUS The New York Times reported that "the president's new budget uses Social Security surpluses to pay for other programs every year through 2013, ultimately diverting more than $1.4 trillion in Social Security funds to other purposes." [The New York Times, 2/6/02]

http://www.americanprogressaction.org/site/pp.asp?c=klLWJcP7H&b=118263
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,446 • Replies: 23
No top replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 03:05 pm
Kicky - in another thread you denigrated those that would try to defend their candidate by attacking the other guy.

Kickycan wrote:
I hardly ever see anyone who supports Bush actually defend anything specific that he says. Mostly it's just attacks on Kerry's specifics.

I guess it's easier to attack a guy who says something specific than try to defend a statement with no evidence to back it up like Bush, talking about his plan to win the war on terrorism and in Iraq:

Therefore, would it not be more beneficial to your cause if you could show the same amount of research showing how your candidate did not flip-flop, instead of attacking his opponent?

Just a thought.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 03:08 pm
Thanks for letting the point fly right over your head again, JustWonders. Laughing
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 03:08 pm
Kerry is often accused of flip-flopping on the war, but I think he covered that nicely in the debate when he basically said, 'I didn't vote to send troops into Iraq. I voted to give the pres the ability to do so, trusted him to make the right choice, and he made the wrong choice. We know that now; we didn't then." What's flip flopping about that?

A little research will confirm that this is consistent with the remarks he made at the time of the vote. Feel free to look them up yerself.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 03:13 pm
Just trying to make your point for you, Kicky Smile
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 03:14 pm
I like you, JW. I disagree with almost everything you say, but I like you. Smile
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 03:14 pm
It's obvious that you can whittle away at that list of Kerry's 'flip-flops' just by reading carefully or looking up the remaining portions of his sentences not quoted by the GOP. That's been done and it doesn't seem to get through to Bush supporters because the word 'flip-flop' sounds nice rolling off the tongue. So I think a list of Bush's flip-flops is apropriate. And entertaining.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 03:17 pm
I think nice people attract other nice people Smile
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 03:57 pm
Kicky, you know I always agree with you about this guy.

Flip-Flopper-In-Chief
http://sprintbare.com/radioactive/images/uploads/flipper.jpg
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 04:01 pm
Hee hee hee
0 Replies

angie

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 05:34 pm
who's the real flip-flopper ?

http://www.compassiongate.com/promises/

(personally, I think "flopper" alone sums it up rather well)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 09:01 pm
Kicky, the problem is that most conservatives don't care if Bush flip flops where as it's fun to show "Mr. perfect" as a flip flopper because it's so true.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 09:08 pm
Well, Bush certainly seems to take great care to tell everyone who will listen that Kerry flip-flops. It's the phrase I've heard most often out of the mouths of those trying to discredit Kerry's ability to run a country. I think you're trying to make a mole hill out of a mountain McG.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 10:00 am
McG, the point is that BOTH of them have said many things that contradict something that they said at some earlier time. They're politicians for chrissakes. That's what politicians do.

And when I see idiots mindlessly considering this issue to be a serious reason to vote for Bush over Kerry, it makes me sick. I want to shake them and say "Wake up! It's a f*cking diversion! Can't you see that!???"

So there.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:46 pm
kickycan wrote:
McG, the point is that BOTH of them have said many things that contradict something that they said at some earlier time. They're politicians for chrissakes. That's what politicians do.

And when I see idiots mindlessly considering this issue to be a serious reason to vote for Bush over Kerry, it makes me sick. I want to shake them and say "Wake up! It's a f*cking diversion! Can't you see that!???"

So there.

OK, so what are the substantive issues--in your opinion?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:32 pm
Oh crap, it's sunday afternoon Finn. I'm in relax mode. I don't feel like getting into a whole big discussion about it right now. Later, I promise.

One question for you though, if you would. Do you feel that the flip-flopping issue is a wash, or do you believe that one of them holds the higher ground over the other in this regard?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:35 pm
Throwin some chum in finn's direction Kicky?
0 Replies

bellavu

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:40 pm
Kerry didnt flip flop he just disagreed with the way Bush went about it. WHY cant people understand that? Kerry sounded very confident to me
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:30 pm
bellavu wrote:
Kerry didnt flip flop he just disagreed with the way Bush went about it. WHY cant people understand that? Kerry sounded very confident to me

Why do some people, when faced with an opposing opinion insist, upon expressing incredulity that anyone could be so dim has to disagree with them?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:33 pm
kickycan wrote:
Oh crap, it's sunday afternoon Finn. I'm in relax mode. I don't feel like getting into a whole big discussion about it right now. Later, I promise.

One question for you though, if you would. Do you feel that the flip-flopping issue is a wash, or do you believe that one of them holds the higher ground over the other in this regard?

I appreciate the softball, but I'm tired myself and I'm afraid I'd swing at it and only hit it to the warning track rather than over the wall.

Suffice it to say that I don't believe it is a wash, and that in Kerry it is a major flaw. We can discuss in detail later.
0 Replies