Apple Cider Vinegar

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 07:14 pm
Apologies if this issue has appeared before, but it is new to me.

I have recently started taking Bragg's AVC and raw honey in water 2-3 times a day. While I know it can't hurt, numerous websites promote many possible benefits.

My question is does anyone know if pills of ACV are as potent/effective? If so, does anyone have proper dosages and any other information I should know. I don't want to replace the liquid, but there will be times when it would be more convenient to take a pill.

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,155 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Portal Star

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 11:08 pm
Re: Apple Cider Vinegar
bermbits wrote:
Apologies if this issue has appeared before, but it is new to me.

I have recently started taking Bragg's AVC and raw honey in water 2-3 times a day. While I know it can't hurt, numerous websites promote many possible benefits.

My question is does anyone know if pills of ACV are as potent/effective? If so, does anyone have proper dosages and any other information I should know. I don't want to replace the liquid, but there will be times when it would be more convenient to take a pill.

Thanks.

I think that the honey works like an allergy shot. It exposes you in small doses to allergens in your area, so that you build up a sort of resistance.

For it to work, you need to consistently take 1. raw honey that is 2. made near you

So, I'm guessing pills wouldn't work unless they were manufactured with the specific things you are allergic to/ allergens in your area, which is basically what allergy shots do in a more precise way.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 04:28 am
A friend of mine is very much into ACV, and suggests just taking regular vinegar, preferrably organic, rather than pills.
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 01:41 pm
Interesting about the honey. Thanks.

I have the ACV with "the mother." I will stick with it.
0 Replies

Tivteryn

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:11 pm
Germ killing rate of apple cider vinegar
I'm curious about the germ killing rate of apple cider vinegar. For instance, a strong bleach could be 100% effective. Has the rate for vinegar been quantified?
0 Replies