First Dating Experience/Mixed Messages

behret

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 11:13 pm
Hi. Here is my situation. So I came out as bisexual a month ago and I'm very new to dating in general. I met this gay guy who I really like on an online dating site and we went on three dates so far. He got out of a 5 year relationship earlier this year and just started dating again. He says he likes me as well. We both agreed that we only date one person at a time. Anyways, we seem to be moving really fast, faster than I thought but I was ok with it since we appeared to have a connection. The 2nd date we made out, 3rd date we had oral sex. This is all a first time for me, by the way. After the 3rd date we stopped talking as much. I'm always the first to text now and I'm always the one asking if he wants to go places. He's been sending these texts saying "I like you but I'm not sure if I want a relationship right now. I'm perfectly ok just being alone". "Maybe we should just start out as friends". Does this mean he was just interested in the sex and was never interested in a relationship? He still flirts with me though. Sends me these dirty messages as though we are a couple. If we are "just friends" then why the messages. Does this mean he was actually looking for a friend with benefits? I do have feelings for him though and I'm not sure he does for me, despite him saying he likes me. I'm just really confused. I need to know where I can go from here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,310 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 02:44 am
@behret,
Um, hate to be the bearer of bad news but he might not be that into you. Flirting sure but if he was head over for you he wouldnt have said what he said. Unless he got scared.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 05:19 am
Sounds like he's bored already.

Cut off communication and see if he makes an effort to reconnect.
0 Replies

AskTheWolfie

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 11:44 am
@behret,
It sounds like he either got scared, or is still out there flirting with other people. It is still early in the "relationship" to be committed to him. If he has already cooled off, then I would say that you need to move on and if he's interested, he'll make an effort to communicate with you. Unfortunately, a lot of gay relationships move far too quickly for comfort a great deal of time. The best thing you can do for yourself is to distance yourself from him and see what he does in response. Three dates doesn't a relationship make.

Take time, look around and see what's out there. I know the first relationship and/or encounter you have when exploring that side of your sexuality is intense. Don't mistake intensity for compatibility. You don't need to chase him to be friends. You will find many other people with similar interests that will come and go in your life. Choose those who you are most compatible with outside the bedroom to keep in your life, and those that are only compatible in the bedroom at arms length. You need to have someone that is compatible in both places to be in a successful relations anyway. You aren't always going to be in the bedroom, so if you can't stand him outside it, you are going to have a hard time building a life with him.

Good luck,
Wolfie
0 Replies

KeneErdogan

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 08:30 am
Just keep aside yourself for some days. If she come back the accept her again.
0 Replies