Mole

Apeus

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 01:27 pm
Ok, I had this raised mole on the back of my neck. I'm pretty sure it was a mole, may have been a skin tag. So anyways, against my best judgement I follwed a friends advice and used 17% salicylic acid wart remover on it. Well, the top of it dried up and fell off after two days, so it was now the same size but not really raised up only a tiny bit, i put some alcohol on it and a band aid and went to bed. Well the next day, the sking around it was kinda dark, not very dark, but darker. I made sure I kept washing it, but alcohol on it to keep it clean. Now its the next day, and its still discolored around the mole, but, its not spreading. I thinks its gotten a tad lighter, I can't really tell. Its not soar at all, it just feels like normal. So since its not spreading I don't really have to worry right? That probably means its not infected? The skins probably only darker from getting all that salicylic acid on it right? I just wanna be sure. I know this was a stupid thing to do, and I don't plan on doing it again. I just want to make sure I don't need to go to the doctor or anything.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 551 • Replies: 4
No top replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 11:18 pm
The only danger I can imagine is a melanoma cancer. You should see a dermatologist if (1) it is larger than a pencil eraser, (2) raised, (3) multi-colored, (4) irregularly shaped, meaning if you imagine a line drawn through it, the two sides do not match. If it itches that might be significant. If it persists and matches the above criteria, you should not hesitate seeing a dermatologist. Melanoma is deadly if it grows down into the tissue and metastasizes (spreads to other organs). On the other hand, it is VERY CURABLE if caught early. Good luck.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:58 am
See your doctor and make sure everything is okay. Skin cancer is very curable if found early. I realize this is a mole you've had for a while but conditions have changed. Hence, that's a good reason for seeing your GP or a dermatologist.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 09:24 am
The reason the mole changed is because you used wart remover on it, right? And it's not red or infected? Then don't worry. I don't think this warrants a trip to the doctor.

If a mole changes on its own, however, see a doctor quickly!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:30 am
That may be right, Eva. That's good reason for Apeus to wait and watch for awhile, but not for too long.
0 Replies