Are you volunteering for / donating to either candidate?

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 07:23 pm
Laughing Cool Cool! But I'm independent (fiercely) and that's good ole Wisconsin Cheddar darlin! :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 08:15 pm
For what it's worth, the volunteers here have been great. Friendly, hardworking, generous. They give sozlet stuff every time they see her. Also creative -- I've been wanting to work the deaf angle somehow, register deaf folks, something, and one person thought hey, could be very useful to have a signing deaf person there at the polls to offer assistance to the deaf people who vote there (huge d/hh population here), so she's talking to some people, finding out what she can about which precincts have the largest deaf attendance, etc.

Anyway, I've been very impressed with both the people and the operation.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 08:36 pm
Sozobe, I can't tell you how much I respect you for volunteering on that campaign, and the deaf part has nothing to do with it. I couldn't be paid to work for either of these candidates... in fact I'm no longer 100% convinced I can vote for one either. If I don't see something more from one of them in the coming debates, I'll likely give my vote to nimh (Nader). The same revulsion that made me vote Nader last time revisited me during that last debate. I hate feeling so negative, but I can't help it. These guys stink. Mad I can't shake the feeling that it's the poser Vs the idiot. I envy you your drive, stamina and ability to work within the confines of this reality. I'm glad they are treating you and the Sozlet well in return. Go Sozobe!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 10:37 am
My liking for Kerry started with the fact that I thought he had the best chance to beat Bush, but I'm genuinely proactively happy to be working for him.

If you can't vote for him, I guess Nader is bettern than Bush. :-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 04:05 pm
Wait but nimh wants people to vote Green, not Nader, I believe. That'd be Cobb.

And if you give your vote to me (Kerry), you get a great cheesecake. :-D I mean, cheesecake for the Cheesehead! How perfect is that? You gotta bite... (I'm a bit loopy from lack of sleep, don't mind me...)

Meanwhile, I came here to note that I just saw somewhere that farmerman and the missus registered 200 people -- go farmerpeople!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 04:30 pm
sozobe wrote:
Wait but nimh wants people to vote Green, not Nader, I believe. That'd be Cobb.

Yeah (if you live in a 'safe state' that is), but whatever, Nader is better than Bush Razz
0 Replies