Kerry's Top Ten Flip-Flops

A Lone Voice

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 03:07 pm
Frank,

Indeed, I was parroting what you stated. My "How about this take on your comment" line indicated this.

Your assertion that:

Quote:
I appears this decision was made long before he received the intelligence...and I dare say he would have manufactured other reasons to do it if he had to.

is simply speculation. You seem to agree with this with your statement of "it appears".... As you choose to believe speculation brought about by Bush detractors, I believe statements provided on this issue by Bush supporters.

Quote:
But apparently the word went out about what he and these neo-con screwballs wanted to hear...and it was fed to him.

So he made a call based on what he was told, or not? You can't have it both ways. Smile

Quote:
I think you conservatives would be able to overlook lots of that stuff if the situation were reversed...just as you are so easy to overlook stuff like Vietnam service and drug use...which seemed to consume you people when Clinton was the one under the microscope.

I didn't think Clinton was a bad president. I didn't vote for him, but I eventually discovered that he was actually quite moderate, and held political beliefs closer to me then to the extreme left-wing of his party. I thought he showed extremely poor judgement with the whole Monica BJ thing, but barring that, I would probably have voted for him AGAINST Bush if he had run for a 3rd term.

Why do you insist on putting people who disagree with you in a box? You called me on this when I thought you were a die-hard lib; why do you refuse to provide similar consideration?

One day we will be on the same side of an issue (I can feel it in my bones! Smile ), and maybe will learn a little more about the other?

As always, it has been a pleasure.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 03:29 pm
Lone Voice...

...I am almost certain that we will be on the same side of MANY issues.

(The extremely poor judgement Clinton showed on getting his knob shined is one!)

You don't give much info in your profile. Any chance you live near to New York City? We have several people who get together from time to time...to have a beer and talk about movies, sports, books...or anything non-controversial.

You'd have fun!
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 04:01 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
First off, I'm not a she. Secondly, many of the veterans I see are homeless and are watching their benefits getting cut by Bush. Thirdly, I'm hearing more active personnel being against this war, but unfortunately, if they try to offer an opinion in a public forum, they are either being reprimanded or court martialed.

Which is probably why you wish there were more veterans and active service personnel on this website.

What is it I don't get, cjhsa?

You don't get your facts straight, Dookie.

Quote:
Funding for Veterans up 27%, But Democrats Call It A Cut

But They Keep Repeating: "It's a Cut"

That's just the opposite of the impression one might get from listening to Democratic presidential candidates debate each other over the past several months. One thing they seem to agree on is the false idea that Bush is cutting funding for veterans.

Factcheck.org
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 05:36 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
First off, I'm not a she. Secondly, many of the veterans I see are homeless and are watching their benefits getting cut by Bush. Thirdly, I'm hearing more active personnel being against this war, but unfortunately, if they try to offer an opinion in a public forum, they are either being reprimanded or court martialed.

Which is probably why you wish there were more veterans and active service personnel on this website.

What is it I don't get, cjhsa?

You don't get your facts straight, Dookie.

Quote:
Funding for Veterans up 27%, But Democrats Call It A Cut

But They Keep Repeating: "It's a Cut"

That's just the opposite of the impression one might get from listening to Democratic presidential candidates debate each other over the past several months. One thing they seem to agree on is the false idea that Bush is cutting funding for veterans.

Factcheck.org

OK, so this thread is about a president who took us to war under false pretenses, (we've called him out on that), Lying to the American public and doing the most UNAmerican thing in the world and suppressing the voice of the opposition. Yet, you want to call out somebody for claiming that Veterans benefits weren't cut, they just weren't funded up to the amount Bush said he would. Rolling Eyes

Well let me ask you this question, you go to your new job and you get a raise of 25%. They start paying you the 25% then they at some point say hey man, you don't deserve that 25%, you only deserve 10%. Did your pay get cut?

Not funding what you promise IS the same thing as cutting. Bush uses it one way, so He'll use it the other.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 05:38 pm
Well, after reading through this entire thread, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to come to two quick conclusions:

1. Despite their protests to the contrary, Kerry supporters are obsessed and consumed with their hatred of President Bush.
2. Kerry supporters don't care whether Kerry flip flops on every issue out there and don't even try to refute or defend the flip flops.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 05:40 pm
Bush can win the debate by simply responding to every Kerry statement with five simple words:

"Is that your final answer?"
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 05:42 pm
Joe, I'm sure Dookie appreciates your support, but she did use the word "cut", so I did want to point out the, um, error.

If I were to have thrown out a misleading statement like she did, I'd have had a dozen of you Dems demanding a "source" LOL.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 05:46 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Well, after reading through this entire thread, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to come to two quick conclusions:

1. Despite their protests to the contrary, Kerry supporters are obsessed and consumed with their hatred of President Bush.
2. Kerry supporters don't care whether Kerry flip flops on every issue out there and don't even try to refute or defend the flip flops.

As usual, your one-sided, lump-'em-all-together, backhanded style of posting has made me laugh. Thanks.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 05:56 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

Foxfyre - the Kerry supporters have learned well from their master. Even he can't defend his flip-flopping LOL. He recently attempted to defend the infamous "I voted for the war before I voted against it" on Good Morning America by saying he was tired, it was late at night, blah blah.

Problem? He said it at a noon rally! Is he really enough of a pinhead that he doesn't realize these facts can be checked?????

In the next few weeks, they will only get worse, continuing to villify President Bush and labeling his supporters as "stupid" at every opportunity. I think they must do this to compensate for their own inadequacies, for after all, look who they nominated LOL.

Of course, some will, as already demonstrated, take their toys and leave the playground and others will deny ever being a Kerry supporter - they're all of a sudden "Independents" now, don't you know. Smile
0 Replies

angie

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 06:13 pm

ahem: http://www.compassiongate.com/promises/index.htm

oh, and of course ..........

"I do not believe the United States ought to be in the business of nation building."

"I will leave no child behind."

I am a uniter, not a divider."

blah, blah, blah .....
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 06:57 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

I'm with Kicky on this one.

And even if you were correct...

...choosing an incompetent moron like Bush over him wouldn't make sense.

The Bush administration has been the worst thing that has ever happened to this country...and one of the worst to the world. We have not even begun to feel the consequences of its incompetence.

I truly hope some day the price of this bungling comes home to you. Perhaps it will jar you enough to wake you from this unconscious state you are in.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 07:18 pm
Quote:

Why does every thread about Kerry become a Bush hate fest? Is Kerry so despicable that you can say nothing about him, except to declare what a moron you think Bush is?

How come,when I post a hate filled thread about how ugly yo momma is, then you starts dissin my momma an' callin her fat.

Get the concept McG?
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:02 pm
You tell them Frank.

Bush is making nauseous even as I type, and I'm watching the debate. . .
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:04 pm
Bush is a regular nuke-you-lar moo-lah!
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:16 pm
The question that is left begging by Governor Bush is are the American People smart enough to see that his accusation that Kerry has changed his position is merely a defense of his own miscalculation - i.e. how his rash decisions now require a sort of hyper-justification.

And by the way, Governor, one can wilt under pressure.

Bush does it every time he speaks and more so in a debate so it appears.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 06:27 am
Foxfyre, the only defense of Kerry is an attack on Bush. Kerry is THAT indefensible.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 06:46 am
Well, I can tell you as someone who has tried to defend Kerry on supposed flip flops, that I don't bother anymore because the people who perpetuate the flip-flopping nonsense are firm in their belief. It's a waste of typing. They know that it plays well no matter the truth of it and so they will continue to repeat it. And I think already it is starting to lose it's teeth because it's been beat to death.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 06:47 am
Well, Kerry hit his stride in the debate and did it well. Bush was his usual unpolished self and wasn't quick enough on his feet to nail Kerry with at least three different real opportunities last night. So, if I was judging the debate, I would give the win to Kerry on both style and points.

In the real world however, substance is more important than style and quickness, and Kerry showed me no more substance (or truthfulness)than he has in the entire campaign. So for points that hold up under scrutiny, Bush won hands down.

And you're right McG. Right or wrong, the Bush supporters can actually defend their candidate. The Kerry supporters apparently can't defend theirs and must resort to bashing Bush. I'll stick with the defensible in this election.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 04:02 pm
As Kerry has more substance on his little finger than Bush does within his entire body, I would have to respectively disagree with you, Fox.

I was also quite amazed at how rapidly Bush blinked, as well as how many times. He also repeated himself continuously, mentioning how tough the job was about a million times, which IMO doesn't reveal much substance in a man or woman.

Kerry was excellent, and he will only improve with the other two debates. I think Bush is in serious trouble.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 04:45 pm
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2194/is_7_70/ai_77417457
0 Replies